Show your desktop!

two monitors - 1920x1080 and 1280x1024. the offset is visible: the desktop switch helper thingy in the right lower edge defines the lower end of the smaller monitor.

does it count that Google’s “visually similar images” can identify the source?

1 Like

no that is cheating you cheater

stop cheating

3 Likes

Ah! Now it all makes sense: we were storing all the grain in the phased array radar pyramids; which is why the silos had to be filled with ICBMs. Blessed are the Peacekeepers!

(edit: RE: Cold War meets Bible stuff; just how blatantly jingoistic is it that our badass-MIRV-missile-for-serious-megadeaths is the “LGM-118 Peacekeeper”; while the Soviet R-36, their badass-MIRV-missile-for-serious-megadeaths got the NATO reporting name “SS-18 Satan” ?)

2 Likes

Cellphone.

If I get a chance to ruthlessly cut my desktops down to upload size I’ll throw 'em up.

6 Likes

Some of my favorites were collected here. I haven’t updated it in a while.

And for some reason a 6+ year old resume of mine is showing up there, as well. Need to remove that. Ugh.

11 Likes

your objective is a lie, isn’t it?

4 Likes

Sword & Sworcery?

4 Likes

Mine are various photos taken by me, family, or friends, and changed out whenever I feel like it, so too personal to show here. But I’m really loving this thread!

3 Likes

Not sure which it’s going to be yet, but after reading Tales from the Loop, my next desktop is going to be something from http://www.simonstalenhag.se/.

Maybe…

Edit: I went with

7 Likes

Oooh, I like his work. Something about this one just gets me:

6 Likes

That one’s the cover of his book…

3 Likes

and it is a great coffee table book!

(nearly back on topic, we’ll only have to make the jump from table to desk : ))

On my work computer the backgrounds change continuously every few minutes from a directory that currently has 224 pics…
I should have waited for prettier pics before doing a cap, but…

Don’t know why I feel compelled to have 3 clocks, but at any given time at least one is uncovered.

4 Likes

that’s the reason why I have two clocks on my work desktop, both of them in a never ever place some element before it area. It would be horrible to miss the time when I can go home ; )

1 Like

My desktop is a little cluttered.

7 Likes

Nice. I like your background, too.

5 Likes

Filed under: totally not surprised. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

All that’s missing from my actual desktop is the Recycle Bin, so here’s the naked PNG

3 Likes

I use Bins to squeeze multiple pinned icons into less space, and also Listary to launch apps and find files.

Overwatch complains about one of Bins’ DLLs when I start it, but I just click through the warning dialog and it’s fine.

4 Likes

I’m also a big fan of this one.

2 Likes