Signs that You're Addicted to BoingBoing BBS

14 Likes

You guys are all awesome.

Also don’t forget, when you develop crushes on more than one other boinger.

19 Likes

When you see a thread like startup ideas o bandname have been updated and you can guess what post was linked to.

11 Likes

I wish I could do that:

(My registered BB email address is a virtual one that doesn’t appear in the headers if I reply to email from BB. I can probably work around it by changing my eaddress at BB or spoofing headers when replying, but that’s too much work.)

6 Likes

Ya, I replied from the wrong address the first time…

2 Likes

Should we start a thread… FINALLY! YOU PEOPLE NEVER LISTEN TO US WIMMIN’S DO YOU?!? :wink:

14 Likes

20 Likes

Am I too addict to the BBS when I make the same dumb Rob Ford joke?

Am I too addicted to the BBS when I make the same dumb joke of answering everything in question form?

14 Likes

If you make the same dumb Rob Ford joke…
If you jokingly answer everything in question form…

17 Likes

When you’ve lost track of how many times people have been in and out of the lounge.

11 Likes

I didn’t have a pen the other day when I needed to jot down a reservation number, but I did have keys and a banana; I had to take a picture for the BBS. Just look at it!

(crap picture 'cause I was on a train.)

26 Likes

When you get home with your groceries, and you check the BBS before you put the food away in the fridge.

To be fair, you have walked to the store that’s a mile away, and carried the groceries home on foot, and you’re sitting down to untie your shoes and free your feet for indoor-mode, and the laptop is sitting right there at your elbow…but still…

13 Likes

You regret not getting to a post earlier because you had the perfect response to a post, but, alas the moment is gone and it would not have the impact.

You think about posting this comment on the drive in to work.

20 Likes

Is there no cure???

11 Likes

You don’t want to fix being a happy mutant anyway.

10 Likes

I run into the same problems when I sign up for stuff using my ieee.org virtual email.

6 Likes

20 Likes

When you go to other sites and out-meme everyone, then come back here for real competition.

When you don’t have time to peruse all the BBS topics, so you use trusted regulars’ comment activity to locate the good stuff.

When you notice a good BB post is missing a BBS thread, and you click on it several more times like a broken Roomba.

When you can skim a thread and know that @Falcor dined well that day.

27 Likes

When your dreams include BBS!

Last night had a dream that I accidentally sent a fellow regular an email, from my work email, containing a screenshot including a policyholder’s name, address, and account balance. A big no-no. I meant to send to a coworker but it auto-completed to @Melizmatic :slight_smile:

22 Likes

That’s weird.

:slight_smile:

18 Likes