Simone Giertz repurposes her radiation therapy mask

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/30/simone-giertz-repurposes-her-r.html

3 Likes

Nothing sucks more than cancer. Nothing says F U to cancer more than repurposing your radiation mask.

13 Likes

What a gem of a human being.

11 Likes

Simone! Asking for help is your new radiation superpower! May a little more light shine through all our masks.

2 Likes

Simone’s channel is great. Glad she is doing well, I hope the big C is gone for good. Fuck cancer.

1 Like

Hooray Simone!

And…

queen-elizabeth-fuck-cancer

5 Likes

I had never heard of a radiation therapy mask and there is something otherworldly about them.

When I was a teenager I also had a brain tumour that left me with a radiotherapy mask. It was a shiny transparent plastic that took the full head shape.

That bastard was screwed to my wall as a hat/scarf/whatever hanger until the plastic decayed.

That one’s gone, but now I have a similar one to hers due to another tumour, and might have to do something with it. A lampshade perhaps? pasta strainer? It’d be great for hanging trinkets, but I don’t really have any … Probably not strong enough to hang a towel on… hmm Any suggestions?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.