Since when did breaking into houses to take a bath – and perhaps enjoy a meal – become a thing?

Roger that. They much confuse me once, and now we are joyed if they reply to us.

5 Likes

Nope. People walking from the shower to their room in a shared flat usually don’t do this naked.
(And she wasn’t wearing a dressing gown, also. Only Dentarthurdent would run out of the house in a dressing gown. However, she is a hoopy frood, indeed. And one of the best scholars of law I have ever met. You wouldn’t want to mess with her.)

5 Likes

6 Likes

It gets weirder; the person didn’t actually leave the page with the ‘journal entries’ on it behind - even high, he or she still had the presence of mind to take it with them.

My ‘discovery’ only happened because I was bored and noticed that one of my secondhand art pads had impressions left behind from someone’s else writing; I knew it wasn’t something I’d done myself, because I don’t ever use my art supplies for writing. I have lined notebooks for that.

So I did the old trick with the pencil and rubbing it softly over the over the page to see what someone had written on the previous page, expecting it to be something by the person who’d given me the art pad.

Imagine my surprise to read what looked like two separate journal entries on the same page, dated December 31, 1999 and January 1st, 2000; written in stream-of-consciousness style, and obviously by someone who was tripping balls. I believe E (as it was known back then) was one off the drugs involved, because the person mentioned it a couple of times in their addled but harmless musings.

I was in my 20’s at the time, and not nearly so jaded as I am now, but it was still pretty disconcerting.

Nevertheless, I just chalked it up and counted my blessings, and changed my locks (as well as all the exterior locks on the property.)

Though bizarre, that was a very benign instance of home invasion - especially when you consider all the other negative possibilities that could have happened instead.

I have another story where something similar happened to a friend of mine; he came home interrupting a robbery in progress, then followed the guy as he tried to escape, calling the police as he went. My friend caught him too, (with the help of a nosy neighbor who overheard him on the phone) and got his stuff back.

Shit’s crazy, yo.

Flossy is probably the most intriguing benign “trolley” I’ve ever seen on any site I’ve been on, and that’s really saying something.

There’s still much speculation as to whether he or she is a chatbot or a real person, given the unusual and often confusing nature of their comments, but I made up my mind a while back:

@Flossaluzitarin is human, and he or she is superbly weird, in the best way possible.

^_^

5 Likes

He ate me crisps, had five rounds of corned beef and sauce, ate a jar of pickles, had two ice creams and a can of coke…

He shit like a champion the next day, FACT!

3 Likes
1 Like

The first bath was too hot.
The second bath was too cold.
But the third bath was juuuusst right.

9 Likes

Apparently I’m the only person in the office who read this article and immediately thought “OMG this is going on my bucket list!”

Now they’re all laughing at me.

What’s wrong with me?!?

5 Likes

Whoa.
“The found journal entry” would be a good title.
That is the weirdest shit I heard in a long time.
And I’ve encountered some pretty weird things, especially during my co-op time.

Thanks for sharing, this is going to be on my mind for a while…

1 Like

In New Zealand people tend to steal meat from the freezer. Occasionally you hear of people unknowingly stealing frozen placentas.

2 Likes

I think one has to be British to understand the place Oxo holds in the national psyche:

http://www.oxo.co.uk/about-us

1 Like

Backups, people. Take it from a software guy. Every computer fails eventually, and murphy’s law says it will happen when it will do the most damage. Copy your data on to a USB key once a day. Keep it with you. Mail a usb key with your critical data to a trusted relative or friend from time to time, because your backup could be stolen with the computer.

2 Likes

The rent is too damn high!

1 Like

My grandad used to put Bovril on cornflakes when I was a little kid.
It was a few years before I realised you could make a broth, so he didn’t have to spread it, like little cornflake toasts…
I still think it sounds horrid, mind.

1 Like

Well drinking Bovril is normal and fine (no, no it isn’t - no matter what football fans tell you).

Popping an oxo cube in hot water and calling it a satisfying drink on the other hand…

3 Likes

Can i pass? I’m gunna pass.

1 Like

Raiding the fridge and alcohol then falling asleep on the couch is a classic.

The bath… I’d be too worried about a psycho home/apt owner with a knife.

1 Like

I may or may not have first-hand knowledge…when you are up to ‘unauthorized entries’ - especially under stressful conditions - the slight edge of adrenaline makes you NEED to poop. You’re lucky if you have the luxury of clenching it until you find the toilet, because a lot of times you have to drop it in a corner of the yard. Now, you can credit the burglar with not flushing out of an abundance of caution because of the noise, but I’m guessing that for some, they’re just behaving like they do at home.

I swear the circumstances aren’t nearly as sketchy as it sounds - permission of the rightful owner, etc., but sometimes there’s more than one person living there, and your friends’ cohabitants are straight-up dicks. Still, you’re definitely worried about getting caught half-way through the doggy door.

1 Like

She had a backup, but this was pre-cloud days. And she didn’t even consider that there was a backup.

Plus, there was data on this laptop which should not be in anyone’s possession but hers. Again, even though it was on an encrypted volume, she did not even consider that, as far as I am aware.

She told me when she came back.
And she was quite in a state.

5 Likes

Or maybe just a plugged in radio, blow-dryer or curling iron:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HastyAmbitiousBighornedsheep-size_restricted.gif

2 Likes