Sinema drops out of Senate race, admitting she is "not what America wants right now"

Or “My constituents are on to me and I can’t rake in the bribes and kick backs in congress anymore.”

2 Likes

Objection, assumes facts not in evidence.

8 Likes

I’m willing to believe it, but I wish they told us whose reputation she built. It’s nice she did someone that favor, though. She wasn’t nearly so nice to the rest of us.

7 Likes

11 Likes

Not sure I’m a fan of that, since it just reinforces the whole concept of bi-sexuality not actually existing… And yes, I understand that reductress is a satire site… but still.

6 Likes

I’m bi- and trans- sexual. I’ve been told for 30+ years that I’m delusional and don’t really exist. This headline struck me as using humor to fight back, if only a little. But if it reads as me endorsing or reinforcing the basis of those attacks, I’m happy to delete it.

7 Likes

Sinema is weird.

She could have just been a moderate Democrat w. some progressive sheen; or she might have actually attempted to be a bipartisan dealmaker; and she’d likely be re-elected easily and have a solid Senate career ahead of her. But she threw it all away by behaving in frankly childish ways.

I guess her disastrous, unpopular and unsuccessful “maverick” act wasn’t an act, but a genuine expression of her beliefs and personality.

5 Likes

Okay… cool, but it just didn’t land for me.

Oh, not at all. If you find it funny, great, I just personally didn’t.

I think she’s just a grifter.

5 Likes

TBF, these are not mutually exclusive. This former may be debatable, the latter is not.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.