Sister Swap are two different Hallmark Christmas movies made from the same footage

Doesn’t it mean, ‘aaaaaàgh! I have TWO FUCKING BABIES! AT ONCE!!!’?

I have younger sisters who are twins (younger enough that my daughter has Small Aunts), and friends who are going through the ‘two fucking babies’ thing right now. Two babies is Serious Business.

8 Likes

I remember likening the “two newborn babies at once” experience to living in that bunker in Lost where a loud alarm would go off demanding the occupants’ attention every 108 minutes, day or night.

9 Likes

Another movie that explores the “same story from different angles” – “He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not” with Audrey Tautou. It’s a single movie, but halfway through you see a different side of the story from the first half.

1 Like

Run, Lola Run plays with a similar idea - it’s divided into three movies, each one starts the same way, but choices made early on lead to completely different outcomes.

7 Likes

Even non-twin siblings can look identical. My little brother is four years younger than me, but for a while in our twenties we looked so similar that now we can only tell who was who in family photos from what clothes we’re wearing (although sometimes we’d steal/borrow clothes off each other).
Even now we could probably still swap ID and get away with it.

1 Like

There’s a great comic book called PHONOGRAM: THE SINGLES CLUB that’s set across one evening at a night club. Each issue focuses on a different character, and tells the whole night from their perspective. Even though nothing changes in that he said/she said way, certain moments still get reframed when you realize how it affects someone else’s story.

(Also they’re all Phonomancers who do magic with music, but the DJs have set a strict “no magic, and no male singers” policy for the night, but that’s not relevant to this conversation)

7 Likes

Phonogram is such a great series! (And an excellent music discovery tool!)

2 Likes

chaos theory the movie. super fun and a great sound track!

( welcome to boingboing! :cake: )

same. i tried an episode or two a while back. the implausibility of it all was over the top. and who’s the mother of the kid anyway? i couldn’t keep track, and i wasn’t sure why i was supposed to care ( other than: here’s a weird idea for a gone girl remake )

how about nine!

2 Likes

Hell yeah it is. So here’s my pitch - movie 1, a by-the-numbers, Halmark style holiday romantic comedy . Movie 2 - a horror or psychological thriller, with mostly the same characters and scenes as movie 1.

Because: Study Says Romantic Comedies Make Creepy Behavior Seem Normal (people.com)

And there’s even a handy and on theme list of classic Rom-Coms to inspire a plot and/or reference.
14 Romcoms That Could Easily Be Horror Movies, Because ‘While You Were Sleeping’ Is Actually Creepy (bustle.com).

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.