Six white Mississippi police officers who enjoyed sexually torturing two Black men and shot one in the mouth plead guilty

You couldn’t write a list of the crimes they committed on these two men as part of a fiction story because it would sound too absurd and no one would believe it. Somehow though as a report of the actual crime it doesn’t seem at all out of line for cops. I thought the mob mentality that allows people to lose all moral values might require more than six individuals. With cops I guess mob mentality starts with a gathering of one cop.

7 Likes

It’s biker gang mentality… you fight one, you fight 'em all.

4 Likes

I was member Amnesty International in the 1980s and we’d be writing letters to the authorities in various places letting them know that we were aware of particular incidents of human rights abuses and called on them to investigate.
The cases I still remember were exactly like this one and mostly happened in Latin America. In the time that has passed since my Amnesty International years it seems that Latin America has progressed in leaps and bounds while the USA is regressing back to where Chile etc were 35 years ago.

4 Likes

Looking like Chile’s no accident, if you’ve seen the fondness for helicopters, of late. :expressionless:

No, we really don’t. Ask yourself a really simple question, do you think this is their first offense? Do most people start their violent crime patterns with multiple sexual assaults, planning and a fun team name? No,there’s a giant string of their victims out there who never got help. Even read the earlier reporting on this and watch for the victim blaming. Feds open civil rights probe after deputies shoot Black man | AP News

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.