Skating on thin ice with a chainsaw

Drinking vodka and then going sliding using a chainsaw for traction seems like a Darwin Award waiting to happen. Only marginally better if he went chainsaw skating and THEN drank a bunch of vodka. Nice drone footage.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s like middle-aged me is thinking “dude, what’s your risk / benefit here?” The part of me that never quite grew up is thinking “oh hell yeah, I wish I’d thought of that!”

Reaching middle-age involved learning to quietly ignore that latter voice.

2 Likes

I do like the sounds the ice makes :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Am I the only one who, from the headline, thought this was going to be a thread about either Rudy Giuliani or Steve Bannon?

8 Likes

I’m stealing this subject heading for my blog tagline. It’s too accurate.

1 Like

This guy is just ripping off Apetor who has been doing this for a decade. Nothing to see here.

Check you tube Apetor for the real deal.

2 Likes

This is how Jesus beat Michael Phelps in the 100 meter freestyle…

… But still lost to Usain Bolt.

1 Like
3 Likes

I think this might work better with a Ripstik…no need to keep pushing off the ice, or go downhill…

1 Like

It’s also neat to spend a night on a large well-frozen lake. I’ve often rented an ice fishing “hut” on Lake Simcoe in early Feb., usually just 1 night, but once did a 3-night stay in a larger hut, essentially a small cottage on the ice.

The ice makes many sounds. Lots of snapping and cracking. And the occasional BOOM as a large fracture happens. It’s a fairly safe activity, but those noises are scary af until you get used to them.

2 Likes

Couldn’t decide, so I went with both.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.