Skull and Bones: Ubisoft's follow-up to its most acclaimed game is here, and it's not very good

Looks like the opinions are flooding in.

@George_Jefferson @SkitzoDeath69 @Grim_Immortality @The_DiZeeZ_D @Peter_Dirks @Ashley_Kidd @Spacedase , welcome to Boingboing!

6 Likes

It seems that people are very passionate about video game piracy.

7 Likes

@Elmer I’ve been having a great time with Shadow Gambit: The Cursed Crew. It even has a free demo.

3 Likes

Ubisoft was obligated to complete the game by an agreement with the Singaporean government, no matter what.

Um, What?

2 Likes

It’s a rum old roll call, matey.

3 Likes

I will not rest until there is a game based on Captain Pugwash.

3 Likes

You could be the one to make it!

50 years since Bagpuss, why doesn’t Captain Pugwash get the same love? :woman_shrugging:t3:

6 Likes

fd49336dafe6c88840e26ea2fc78ae8d

3 Likes

Did Tesla publish this game?

3 Likes

The release date is the 16th, 4 days from now at time of writing.

Especially since this is a “live service” thing we can expect all manner of futzing and tweaks to come; but what is getting a “beta” is substantially what the release-day product is going to be. 4 days is enough time to change the numbers if it turns out that some really urgent balancing needs to be done; maybe fix some less esoteric bugs; but they just don’t have enough time to change much.

1 Like

Dj Khaled GIF by Music Choice

It’s sad no one expressed skepticism on the very first of these new posters arriving to express the exact same view… Yep. Too bad.

1 Like

I’d trust the word of Stan S. Stanman more than I would the authenticity of our new comrades.

The Tesla racing game. Go as fast as you like but you can’t use your hands to steer.

5 Likes

1 Like

24-somi_704

6 Likes

“I need reputation management services for my company’s latest rushed-to-market game. How much for a dozen tr0lls?”

7 Likes

Weird thing is, if I was gonna pay for sock puppets I would expect them to do more than argue, “Actually, it’s FINE, absolutely tolerable.”

5 Likes

I have never played AssCreed Black Flag - I think it collided with my “no more AAA games where you must play a cis white dude” vow - but my experience with AssCreed Odyssey’s sailing parts was pretty terrible, I hated every minute of most of the plot-required sailing missions and avoided any side quest that looked like it was going to make me deal with the stupid boat. And AssCreed Freedom’s Cry was even worse, I got it when it was a free Playstation Plus download, I think, and I could not get through its introductory tutorial because it put me on a ship, told me to do something, and didn’t tell me what buttons to press to do it.

These experiences make the idea of a game focusing entirely on the AssCreed ship sailing experience seem kind of hilariously misguided to me.

3 Likes

I think the Odyssey sailing either clicks or it doesn’t.

I absolutely hated the sailing, almost always died if someone attacked. Then something just fell into place for me, not sure what triggered it. I was suddenly able to absolutely wreck other ships, even those 10 or 15 levels above me.

1 Like

I played it for a while and it was extremely shallow. Sid Meier’s Pirates is a more sophisticated Pirate game. Being a fancy looking doesn’t hide that it’s practically point and click sailing and resource collection game.

1 Like