Sledlegs: shinguards that you can turn into toboggan sleds by dropping to your knees and shoving off

or 4 for $150.

So your horse can join in the fun!

2 Likes

All you have to do is miss the ground and you’ll be fine.

3 Likes

Oh man, as a father of two kids who rip up their snow pants doing this anyway without the contraptions, these look pretty damn genius.

1 Like

I remember our church custodian was so good at his job we used to do this on the floors in our church slacks when we were kids. No sleds needed.

I don’t see them much here in the US but in Venezuela one of the most common flooring finishes is polished concrete… not sure what the name for it is. But you see them a lot in schools, hospitals, sometimes at plazas and the like. But they’re awesome for sliding on in your socks

2 Likes

In a rare display of good sense, the stuff is called…polished concrete. It’s gaining some traction in the U.S. (heh-heh), but still hasn’t really hit the big time here…for flooring. (It’s a biggish thing in countertops – compared to big slabs of granite and the like it’s more versatile, lightly cheaper, and very customizable.)

U.S. is taking a new look at the health concerns for workers; the dust is nasty. For large, open floors where eye candy has value (think auto dealerships) it’s a viable option at $3-$6 a square foot (plus paying more for “decorative” aggregate in your concrete). For much U.S. commercial construction though, I think it just takes too much time, compared to tile/self-stick carpet. (Also, it’s cold, loud, and hard to repair.)

Can’t see this catching on in homes…cold, loud, hard to repair, and other options are much cheaper. (For small, tight settings like household floors, the price of polishing seems to be around $12+ per ft. sq.)

Source: I called a local concrete polishing shop; -)

1 Like

A lot of homes have it in Venezuela, but you’re right that if it cracks there’s no easy/cheap fix. Most people leave it as is, but people prefer it over tile because there’s no grout, it’s easy to clean and durable

2 Likes

I figured it must have a proper name, i couldn’t find it though. Thanks :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.