Slim Shady stands up for Kamala Harris

Originally published at: Slim Shady stands up for Kamala Harris - Boing Boing

9 Likes

He’s still not the best white rapper, even if he’s the best selling rapper of all time… But good on him.

23 Likes

The Real One, I hope.
:slightly_smiling_face:

15 Likes

Well, obvs:

These days, the father of three is using his famous face, hit song, and entertaining skills to sell light fixtures for Capitol Lighting. His specific designs are called “Vanilla Ice Lighting,” and include fixtures such as wall sconces and chandeliers (via Joe). Of course, his catchphrase is “Light, Lights Baby,” which is a play on his biggest hit song, “Ice Ice Baby.”

That’s some style.
:wink:

17 Likes

LOL! No! It was a reference to this…

Which is an addendum to this video…

It’s El-P

el-p GIF by Run The Jewels

11 Likes

Detroit on the one hand you have Eminem on the other Hand you have Kid Rock. Sounds about right.

5 Likes

That was an education!

Thank you.
Loved the first and third video, am going to save the second one for when I have a couple hours to spare.

Or as the great man would say: “Nice, Nice, Baby”.

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

7 Likes

Yeah, FD Signifier does great work on a variety of topics, but especially on Black culture and Black men.

8 Likes

He really does; I have a friend who I was genuinely worried about because he was listening to the likes of Kevin fucking Samuels (may he burn in Hell eternally) until I put him onto FD Signifier…

7 Likes

You did the lord’s work there… friends don’t let friends listen to Kevin Samuels! The manosphere is awful and good for Signifier for constantly trying to highlight the problems there… he’s probably saving lives with his work.

6 Likes

Indeed; he was drifting into Black Manosphere territory, due to his rightful anxiety about being a Black man in America; he was also watching those Fresh & Fit assholes and that bigoted twit ‘Just Pearly Things’… luckily all those fucking opportunistic hatemongering assholes got their due comeuppance.

6 Likes

He is the best white rapper from Detroit, though.

7 Likes

Samuel L Jackson Point GIF by The Academy Awards

6 Likes

Low bar, but still…

7 Likes

As someone who grew up just down the road from the Motor City, that’s a fair statement.

5 Likes

He’s also a pretty amazing producer.
Nothing against Killer Mike, but RTJ just wouldn’t work without El-P.

4 Likes

Yes, he notes that in the video, I think (it’s been a while since I watched it).

1 Like

Indeed… I should’ve watched first and posted second.
Mea culpa :wink:

1 Like

Eminem, sure, but 32 Mile doesn’t really count as Detroit.

8 Likes

32 Mile is farm country, half way to Port Huron. :face_with_monocle:

6 Likes