Smalltown mayor resigns after bigoted Facebook posts

@wadevondoom beat me to it. Never make assumptions about what could be hiding in a thermal cup. Monday is Halloween, and in my neighborhood we have a bit of a tradition of repurposing thermal cups to keep our beer cold.

3 Likes

Unsure if I did or did not see what you did there.

6 Likes

I’d like to say I am clever but all you discovered was my atrocious spelling. Good show lol.

6 Likes

“The racist stuff, yeah. I’ll admit I did that, and I don’t care what people label me as.” - turns out they label you as ‘ex-mayor’.

5 Likes

It’s Irish coffee. Heavy on the Irish, hold the coffee.

4 Likes

I’m wondering if there’s “small town life” in America that doesn’t involve a racist, hateful jerk wanting to send the brown folk back and the wimmins back to blah blah blah. All the small towns I’ve driven through lately seem to have a fairly heavy interest in trump/pence despite the same situation as above, with immigrant farmworkers living across the street (and revitalizing those shitty little towns, natch).

I nominate this small town:

Population under 3500. Overwhelmingly liberal/progressive and a pretty chill place. Ethnically diverse, and something like 1/3 of the population has a graduate degree.

I would also recommend the entire state of Vermont, although it’s not exactly the most diverse place in the world.

3 Likes

Sounds like a delightful place! Too far from Big Water for my taste, but whatevs. All I can say is that the Eastern Shore of MD is absolutely gorgeous at all times of the year, but the little places out there have a seriously bad case of trumpism.

I’ve been to the Eastern Shore many times, and it doesn’t surprise me that it would have a Trumpalumpa infestation.

On the plus side, Trump currently has a <0.1% chance of winning Maryland, according to FiveThirtyEight.

2 Likes

All the small towns fit inside manhattan.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.