Smalltown mayor resigns after bigoted Facebook posts

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/10/20/smalltown-mayor-resigns-after.html

2 Likes

West York, PA

Ah this explains everything.

5 Likes

I assume that includes the pale jeans and oversized sweatshirt straight out of 1987.

7 Likes

Who would have thought there would be racists in a 95% white state? With local officials like these its a wonder that they can’t manage to get rid of their racist Governor.

4 Likes

West York and York County are both about 95% white. Pennsylvania is 80% white.

2 Likes

Well, generally speaking, I mean I’ve asked my friends about this and whatnot…but people will usually label you as…I’m just spitballing here…a racist who shouldn’t be holding public office.

13 Likes

We need more small town politicians like Duke!

20 Likes

Mayor Duke for President!

10 Likes

Here I was, misreading that as York, ME.

4 Likes

Mainers are good people by and large. Governor LePage is a problem, but most people there didn’t vote for him. He will be gone soon enough.

Care to guess what ticket he ran under?

4 Likes

I really like how the mayor is describing the outrage aimed at him as a “witch-hunt.” Is it a witch-hunt if the witch starts off the whole thing by volunteering, “Yeah, I’m a witch. I kidnapped and ate those children and used their bones to do black magic. What of it?”

17 Likes

You can’t blame him for that part. It still is 1987 in West York, PA.

8 Likes

Well, I guess he can get some credit for having a coffee in his hand instead of a Budweiser tall boy…

2 Likes

Is that near Scarfolk?

3 Likes

Personally I wouldn’t vote Duke for dogcatcher.

(Because obvious conflict of interest.)

14 Likes

Are you saying he couldn’t do the job just because he’s a dog? Not all dogs are strays. #NotAllDogs

11 Likes

16 Likes

A white “pure breed” named Duke? I think we’ve had quite enough of that kind of influence in government…

10 Likes

Not until we get the lab results back. Until then he is sipping White Lightening out of that thar cup.

5 Likes