Smugglers are sawing through Trump's border wall with a $100 cordless cutter

You may be technically correct, but a battery powered reciprocating saw is the closest thing to a light saber that I’ve ever used in real life.

4 Likes

Oh don’t get me wrong, they’re awesomesauce. I do like the idea of plugging them into an inverter or built-in AC socket in a vehicle (which many of them, including my wife’s truck, already have these days).

z10

8 Likes

Makita? Thats a good one. You could cut a hole in that fence with a Harbor Freight cheapie if you put a carbide tooth blade in it.

5 Likes
  1. Trebuchet
8 Likes

Ahem, I think you’ll recall we started calling those “Freedom Catapults” back in '03.

10 Likes

youre not wrong.

part of the reason people like him say ridiculous and contradictory things is so that when something fails they can always blame it on the people who tried to follow their direction

his plans are perfect, his wall is perfect. it’s the d*mn democrats fault for not bending over backwards to fund it properly

( never mind that republicans had both houses of congress )

5 Likes

The Berlin Wall didn’t work, either. There were an estimated 5,000 defections across the wall, and there was a well-established Black Market trade between East and West Berlin.

7 Likes

Punters and soccer goalies can get better height with the same distance and less fatigue.

3 Likes

Yeah, when done cutting and smuggling just put the section back. Weld it back up if you’re afraid of any USians coming through to your side.

2 Likes

Hell, just duct tape it. Not like anyone will notice, and makes for a convenient spot for easy re-access.

6 Likes
  1. From the article, they’re using putty, colored to look like a weld at a cursory glance.

2. Border guards have adopted the high-tech test of giving the bollards a good kick.

Next move:

1. Smugglers wrap duct tape around the base of every bollard.

2. Numerous border guards take sick leave with foot injuries.

9 Likes

You forgot PVC pipe.

I remember reading an article I think in The Economist or something which I don’t normally read but it went into how the cartels had invested in horizontal fracking drill machines to send small PVC pipe hundreds of feet under the Border and these micro tunnels had twine pulley systems with a little cart pulling bags of drugs from one side to the other, kind of like Steve McQueen in the Great Escape except with weed and the US border

8 Likes

Wow. I came for the schadenfreude, I stayed to marvel at human ingenuity.

7 Likes

They should go a bit more professional than duct tape. Install a hinge? Add a handle? Maybe a lock to keep out border control?

3 Likes

It’ll be a beautiful wall.

2 Likes

It’s not very portable, but since you mentioned PVC pipe how about stuffing salmon with drugs and using a salmon cannon?

Practical? Hell no for crossing the border wall, possibly for salmon trying to get over a dam to spawn.

Funny to watch and think about? Yes.

2 Likes

Where is this historical info? A much shorter wall would have stopped horses. It was meant to be difficult to climb or break even with heavy artillery.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.