Smugglers are sawing through Trump's border wall with a $100 cordless cutter

They are the ones who support harsh measures against illegal alien labor in the first place. It makes it easier to exploit such labor and avoid paying living wages.

10 Likes

tRump - 0
Immigrants - Win

4 Likes

4 Likes

6 Likes

Still Trump.

9 Likes

Perhaps you are unaware of the inhumanity and cruelty those types of policies have while only benefiting the few, the ones whom are profiting from creating the very issues you claim to be concerned about? Benefit of the doubt here…

that is literally the opposite effect that undocumented workers have. they pay into and keep the system working so that you are paying less than you should. they are not a drain on the system, that is a proven myth. fox news is not a good source of factual information.

they aren’t the ones exploiting themselves, or you, but cracking down on them makes it much easier to exploit both them and you for less. smdh. it’s almost as if you’ve never actually looked into the economics of it and are an easy target to convince to act against your own interests?

exactly this.

The polices you are advocating lead directly where @smulder is addressing, they are THE POINT.

I think most people here understand perfectly well big picture, whom specifically is driving those types of policies and talking points, what their reasons and motivations are, and what type of impact such policies have on people. That’s why we are against them.

Humane policies that value and respect and lift up the hardest working portions of our society are possible, if we are okay with being exploited a small percentage less and sending just a small fraction less to the very top.

12 Likes

GOP then: Mr Gorbachev tear down this wall!
GOP now: I have a lot of feeling for President Xi. He’s very outstanding in so many ways.

6 Likes

But are there any pieces on eBay yet? They’d make great stocking stuffers at the White House.

9 Likes

The Wall was never really about keeping out ‘undesirable people’ or ‘drugs’ (or those damned little yappy dogs). The Wall was initially a ‘mnemonic’ to keep the Redcap In Chief focused on “border security” since he lacks the mental discipline to stay on-message for more than 30 seconds at a time. And, likely, because he simply lacks the intellectual capacity to comprehend any concept so abstract without a physical image to go with it. Subsequently, it became a cash-cow for whomever managed to fluff Tinyhands’ ego enough to buy the contract to build it.
Which, in turn, means that the country gets robbed twice: the first time from the initial smuggling operations (I happen to believe that increasing the immigration numbers would provide a vast, net benefit to the country, rather than ‘theft of American jobs from Americans’), and again when Don John Two-Scoops’ cronies submit their obscenely well-padded invoices to the country for ‘repairs and maintenance’.
And since the physical wall itself is every bit as porous as Herr Trumphfehnfurher’s mind and as flimsy as his ego, it can never actually fulfill the function on which it got sold to the country…

5 Likes

So what that smugglers can get through the wall with cheap tools. That wall has nothing to do with smuggling or immigration. It exists only to manipulate Trumps base.

So the success or failure of that wall needs to be addressed simply on that basis. Pretending that it has anything to do with anything other than his base is to play along with Trump.

2 Likes

The dynamite is the diversion while you have the ladder a mile and a half away.

4 Likes

From January of this year:

8 Likes

It’s like they aren’t even trying.

2 Likes

Maybe they just need to buy one of these:

6 Likes

wait…aren’t the walls “wired”? maybe we can just plug the tools in.

6 Likes

Well, that and the Berlin Wall was 140 km (87 mi) long. Toad’s Folly, which will never come close to completion, calls for 1,560 km (970 mi), and that’s still less than half the US-Mexico border.

5 Likes

And They were well patrolled unlike or soon to be border wall. But seeing as how he got “The Space Force” authorized even though we already have one. I don’t think it will be to long before we get “Border Army” set up to patrol his wall. The current “Border Patrol” is just to small to do the job he wants.

3 Likes

and this is why cheesy was pushing for the moat, gators and snakes. HE KNEW.

4 Likes

All those leave evidence that the wall has been breached. If you’re looking to get drug packages over, there are more subtle ways to do so. Off the top of my head, from most obvious to weird ones:

1. A drone.
  2. An extension ladder. (Also good for smuggling people over the wall; a 30’ one is about $500 at Lowe’s, Home Depot, etc.)
  3. A scissor lift (again, also good for smuggling people over the wall.)
  4. A good arm and a person standing on top of a truck bed or cab.
  5. A water balloon slingshot like one might use at the beach.
  6. A T-shirt cannon.
  7. A former college or professional gridiron football quarterback, if the packages are shaped and weighted like a football.
4 Likes

Yeah, the key to using a wall for security is that the wall has lookout towers and there are people in those towers, looking out. Take the massive consensus of experts who say the border wall won’t work and asking them, “what if there were towers that had a minimum of two lookouts per tower 24/7 every two hundred feet” and they’d probably all say, “Oh, yeah, then, that would work fine… how much is that going to cost?!?” That said, I think I’ve thought of a new way to pitch the Green New Deal’s full employment clause that could get Trump on board…

And my guess was it would be defeated by a person who pushed really hard because what looked like concrete was actually hollow drywall and what looked like the budget for concrete was actually in Trump’s pocket.

7 Likes