Snake falls from sky and attacks woman, then a hawk attacks them both (video)

Originally published at: Snake falls from sky and attacks woman, then a hawk attacks them both (video) | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Disappointed felt like the intimation was there existed video of this attack. Was Jesus a neighbor? why didn’t they interview him? Was he annoyed the white neighbor kept mispronouncing his name and that’s why he didn’t help?

9 Likes

I’m so glad Jesus intervened on her behalf. Not so much for the snake though.

6 Likes

but in the end did the snake make good his daring escape from the rapacious raptor??
snake jesus wants to know!

4 Likes

No, she’s going to Hell for interrupting Jebus’s plan - the snake was supposed to escape.

1 Like

Ummm, I think “lucky” is about the farthest I can imagine from the description of the event. Good Lord!

7 Likes

I think Horus or Ra might have been a better god to ask favors of.

4 Likes

She should really consider the possibility that Satan intervened to thwart God’s plan for her.

7 Likes

I wonder what kind of snake was it.

I feel like there is a fair chance the hawk caused this whole thing, dropping the snake while flying.

I saw one fly over head with a snake in its talons on the way to work once.

Aeschylus: Tell me all about it, won’t you.

2 Likes

I’m no theologian, but when two different organisms independently decide to attack you, it might be a sign that you’re not in Jesus’s good books any more.

7 Likes

link to the other bbs thread on this story:

7 Likes

I have a feeling that nowadays most theologians don’t discount “chance”.

I’m always confused by the notion that Jesus gets the credit for saving the person, but never gets the blame for sending the snake and the hawk to attack her in the first place. It’s a sweet deal to always receive credit for the good stuff and never the blame for the bad stuff when you are the entity that is in charge of everything.

6 Likes

He’s the one who accidentally dropped the snake in the first place.

1 Like

Just Quetzalcoatl looking to reclaim some lost territory.

5 Likes

A (video), yes, but not the (video).

Why, was it “take your snake to work day”? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Sounds like the gardener, Mr Sanchez, was busy elsewhere and couldn’t come to her assistance.

Dry those bitter tears, for when the snake attacked you, did i not send a hawk? – Jesus

1 Like