Snoop is a revered & respected troller

7 Likes

Dragons?

2 Likes

I just hope you’re on my team.

1 Like

But Star Trek is set in the future.

Star Wars, OTOH…

Seriously though - unless it is about rapping or weed, no one should care about his opinion.

1 Like
5 Likes

Tell that to the Vietnamese! They basically ousted what was at the time the most overengineered and powerful military in the world (well, one of the two at least).

War is not just a technical problem, it’s a political, tactical, and social one as well. Glossing over that fact is kind of myopic.

4 Likes

Totes historically accurate image of me in my younger days!!!

1 Like

I agree. The man allegedly has an IQ of 147. I think he knows the difference between history and fictionalization.

1 Like

12 Likes

By a mismatch between the armies, exploiting the overengineered aspect of one that was prepared to fight its ilk at a well-defined battlefront. The rest was wearing down the domestic will to fight, coupled with unprepared public relations at home so too much truth got out.

True that. But at the end of the day you end with the engineering anyway, whether it is about weapons or supplying fertilizers for food, or providing a resources cushion for tactical screwups.

Snoop has some pretty choice quotes, in the New York Times Magazine, this week, too. Enjoy…

1 Like

Maybe he just didn’t want to come out and say he watches it for the same reason the rest of us do… the boobies!

1 Like

Right - they still overcame a technically superior force. You could argue that we “left” Iraq and Afghanistan before the same thing could happen there.

Total war means total war, and people whose lands are invaded are much more likely to hunker down, and employ the “weapons of the weak” and to sacrifice much more in order to win - because for them, the stakes are far higher. Bringing it back to the second world war, look at the battle of stalingrad.

1 Like

Speak for yourself!

1 Like

4 Likes

Because folks who write songs always speak literal truth.

1 Like

They got significant bonuses on defense and blending with the civilians. It’s being said that the Tet Offensive was a military failure but psychological success important enough to tip the scales.

The defender virtually always has this advantage.

For the US, the war was more about politics than about being total. They were willing to defend South Vietnam to the last Vietnamese, but not much more.

The same as about 'Nam could be said about defenders during the Pacific campaign, where Japanese were holding the islands quite tooth’n’nail. But at the end they lost as the resources available and committed were sufficient.

Which Germans would win if not for underpreparedness for the weather and getting their supply routes cut off.

You won’t conquer Russia.
If you do, you won’t hold it.
And if you would, you’ll freeze.

1 Like

Right so, it’s not always solely an engineering advantage.

That’s a good point, but they weren’t defending the homeland, but colonies. It’s not a big surprise that they eventually lost, especially as support began to erode at home.

Precisely my point. First, they didn’t learn their French history in regards to invading Russia, and second, they arrogantly imagined they invasion of the Russian homeland would be a cakewalk and they’d be out by August.

1 Like