Snoop Dogg thinks Game of Thrones is true history

Hay now!! British AGAs are the bomb! They are the… (Err, they are on the second version of their ovens)… V-2 of all gas ovens!!

(Do I win the Most Offensive badge yet?)

(Tell me to stop.)

1 Like

5 Likes

No, I don’t think there are any Africans in Game of Thrones, but I don’t actually watch.

Of course their aren’t any. There is no Africa in Westboros. I don’t watch the show and I know that.

They do have black people, though.

1 Like

I’d say that with high-enough engineering advantage you can steamroll over just about anything.
Sometimes you just don’t have (or aren’t willing to deploy, or it is not worth the cost) enough.

They fought pretty fierce. I’d say they were defending the homeland, albeit at the outside perimeter.

The big cheeses always think it will be easy.

Klingons, too.

Black ones, I mean. Not Westerosian ones. Westerian. Whatever.

The Chinese still had at least the military and naval tech we did at the beginning of the age of exploration. It wasn’t so much better technology, as just the right combination of good large-scale organization, and vicious rapacity turned outwards. (And, in the case of the new world, horrific diseases)

2 Likes

I believe Snoop believes Game of Thrones is historically accurate as much as Caroline Siede does in her recent BB post where she humorously tries to claim historical inaccuracy as one of the reasons why nudity should bother people:

These women aren’t really treated as characters, they’re reduced to a pair of boobs and a perfectly manicured crotch—a historically inaccurate detail that for some reason doesn’t seem to bother the show’s fan base.

Of course, Caroline seems to be an extremely poor student of history if she thinks people just recently started manicuring their pubic hair, so maybe she truly does believe GoT is a historical portrayal.

1 Like

To be fair, Game of Thrones is about EVERYBODY murdering everybody in sight. Khaleesi’s Unsullied Warriors aren’t white and those guys each have to murder a baby just to complete their entrance exam.

4 Likes

Shh, you’ll ruin their clickbait titles AND their smug sense of superiority and then BB will be left with nothing.

1 Like

To be fair, there are no Europeans in GOT either (and @Mister44). Westeros is the stand in for 15th century Britain (is that right? War of the Roses was his model, so they dynastic wars that eventually brought Henry the 7th to the throne to establish the Tudor Dynasty).

But I’d argue that there are stand in for Africans, though they rarely show up on Westeros proper. But Essos (the other continent where a good chunk of the action) is very much a stand in the MENA (Middle East and North Africa) and is racially diverse, because it’s a place with a lively commerce, and I think the relationships between King’s landing and the free city of Bravos (a city founded by former slaves) might prove to be the key to settling affairs in Westeros (as the Iron Throne is deeply in debt to the Bravoosi Iron bank.

Anyway, lots of places are “represented” - England for Westeros, north of the wall is pre-christian Scotland, Bravos is an Italian City State, Mereen is likely Alexandria, some of the other slave cities could be stand ins for some of the West African slave centers, the Dothraki are obviously meant to be the Mongolians in an early form, the Dorans are the Spanish…

Sorry… geeked out there for a second.

3 Likes

Grey worm is so awesome… so very awesome.

these comments are comedy gold - thank you all for engineering this masterpiece

1 Like

Can we get SD over in the other GoT thread?

They are entertainers and athletes.

Only academics have notable intelligence? I know a few professors and I know a few entertainers and I tell you not all academics win the intelligence test.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Dude, don’t harsh on my buzz.

Yeah, I’m in academia… and I kind of have to sadly agree. Not all profs are brilliant.

1 Like

And a puppy! Not even kidding.

How is this episode recap not mentioned anywhere? It’s a classic.

1 Like