So, Chip 'N Dale get a reboot on Disney +

I wonder if it’ll be Darkwing Duck or Tailspin next… Gummi Bears perhaps? It all seems pretty
inevitable to me.

As of the 2017 DuckTales reboot all of those franchises are part of the same narrative universe.

(Yes, Kit Cloudkicker is all grown up and looks an awful lot like Baloo)

6 Likes

Seth Rogen has already been attached to Darkwing Duck. Or maybe that project was dropped in favor of this movie? (It sure seems to have come out of nowhere.)

2 Likes

Anyway, Disney + released a trailer for their Chip 'N Dale reboot, and it looks—fine, I guess.

You must be a very forgiving person. I don’t even care about Rescue Rangers very much but even from the casual perspective of “saw it a few times in grade school”, this looks absolutely unwatchable.

1 Like

I liked the trailer - don’t mind being the odd man out here - my friends all watched and seemed to like it also - but that’s certainly too small a sample to support a show :slight_smile: Anyway I do think it could go very wrong - that said this looks less like a reboot and more like a pure comedy vehicle to me - a reboot I’d hate… this just feels like a possibly funny movie that uses a known IP to promote the punchlines - like any comedy if the best bits are in the trailer it will suck.

1 Like

I always try to be somewhat open minded until I actually the show in question.

And Chip 'N Dale was never my bag either. I was a Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon kid.

Which is worth noticing if for nothing else understanding the “Larry, I’m on Ducktales” meme,

6 Likes

Saw this on twitter earlier this week.
This looks dreadfull.
As somebody who watched the show as a kid, this is a HARD pass for me.

How do you hate on Chip and Dale? The 80s/90s show was fantastic. While it might be super-gimmicky having one character 2D and one 3D is something I don’t think has been done. Samberg and Mulaney are hilarious. I want to check out this show as an adult. +1 for Disney.

1 Like

I think the reaction you’re seeing in this forum is less “hating on Chip 'n Dale” so much as “former Chip 'n Dale fans voicing serious skepticism toward an adaptation that looks to be some weird meta-humor thing mocking the characters that they loved growing up.”

3 Likes

They had me at MC Scat Cat.

1 Like

The concept seems amusing enough, and my kids liked the trailer. As a longtime fan, I’m up for this return to the IP. Plus it’s not a theatrical release, so giving it a shot only costs time – not time and money. It’s likely this will be a day one watch in my household.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.