Why haven't we gotten a reboot for Chuck Norris: Karate Kommandos yet?

Originally published at: Why haven't we gotten a reboot for Chuck Norris: Karate Kommandos yet? | Boing Boing

1 Like

Maybe because Chuck Norris is a noted piece of shit?

18 Likes

Almost word-for-word what I was going to say (though I’d probably specify "right wing piece of shit).

But, yeah, we don’t need this rebooted any more than we need more Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids.

9 Likes

Wait.

There was a Cadillacs and Dinosaurs show? Why was I not informed?

4 Likes

It was a pretty good cartoon back in the 90s. It unfortunately had a crappy timeslot, I was only able to watch it because I had to get up super-early for my paper route.

You can catch most of the episodes here.

It didn’t have a very long run, but then of course the original Xenozoic Tales comic didn’t have a very long run either. Iirc there are only 14 issues, not counting reprints, etc., and it ends right in the middle of a story arc without any resolution.

But hey, at least we got the best beat-em-up arcade game of all time out of the franchise!

2 Likes

There was, but I missed it. I wasn’t watching TV at the time.

1 Like

Ssshhhh! Quiet, @dnealy, don’t be giving Hollywood ideas!

1 Like

1 Like

If anything John Wayne was probably an even bigger asshole than Chuck Norris.

6 Likes

Or if we’re at it, why don’t we combine bringing back random things from the 80s and 90s and making movies out of games? I am of course suggesting Shaq Fu: the Movie. Then the final seal will be broken and we can actually deserve the apocalypse we get.

3 Likes

I want Shazam, the movie, with Sinbad. For real.

1 Like

You’re certainly not wrong there.

1 Like

And remember that time he wanted to assault a Indigenous women at the Oscars. Class act all around…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.