So, You've Been Disappeared!

In a way, that’s weirder than if they were being whisked off to a black site or whatever.

It suggests that either it’s being done for appearances only, or maybe it was a half-assed order that wan’t thought through.

Strange times.

9 Likes

Because fascists aren’t normally so polite.

4 Likes

Same reasoning behind the invention of the Hawaiian shirt

3 Likes

I do Nazi him waiting until November. :pleading_face:

4 Likes

What about the families of the abducted people? Were they gag ordered to shut up or did they attempt to make it public?

1 Like

Right now the whole point is it scares the shit out of people, particularly those caught, but also most people watching. It also excites the assholes cheering them on. Low-cost “Hearts & Minds” theatre with no need to actually question anyone. Being seen doing it is the biggest part of it.

The next step is remarkably like Abu Ghraib but that’s probably not going to happen for a few months. Maybe weeks. Couple of days, tops…

12 Likes

Who is renting vans to the Goon Squads? We need to organize a boycott and hit them in the wallet.

5 Likes

I won’t let my kid wear camo and I am disappointed (but hold my tongue) when people I know wear it outside of the military. It normalizes the military industrial complex. Yeah, I know I’m crazy but it is true.

10 Likes

Q theory states that the plan is to ship them off to America’s very own concentration camp.

In the QAnon mythos, Q and Trump are working toward an event called “The Storm,” the day that he finally arrests thousands of these elites and ships them to Guantanamo Bay. Occasionally, QAnon followers see various setbacks as The Storm in action; others have attempted to explain the lack of mass indictments through science fiction.

4 Likes

I think their problem right now is they have no place to actually take and store the people who they abduct, so are forced to release the ones they have to make room for the next contestant. The rental vans are not very big.

Plus, this is still in the exploratory phase, They are trying to see how much push back they get from citizens, and how much “the base” applauds them for sticking it to the and libs and urbanites (they of course would use the "n"word among themselves instead of the word “urban”). Then they will ratchet up in the late August/September time-frame, and then stop releasing and start putting Americans into the Concentration camps alongside the immigrant kids instead (with the same lack of tracking or paperwork that they exhibited with the children that they tore away from their parents, never to be seen again). By mid-October, expect large numbers of people in liberal cities to start disappearing, and the rest to be terrorized by the new Nazi Troops trump is sending after us. Putin planned the whole thing out months ago.

6 Likes

not sure what you’re trying to ask me. i do have friends in portland, but it’s a city of something like a million people.

unless something even more radical has happened today, there’s quite a lot more people living there whom i don’t know than those i do.

1 Like

At least one of the vehicles that officers drove with protesters inside is a 2019 Dodge Caravan registered to EAN Holdings LLC, a company based in St. Louis. The website of Enterprise Holdings says EAN Holdings is an operating subsidiary of the agency. Enterprise Holdings owns Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Alamo Rent a Car and National Car Rental.

6 Likes

They filed a lawsuit against the DHS. So far, victims have only been taken for a ride. So far…

7 Likes

Military fashion was an issue for a friend of mine in art school.
She wasn’t crazy so I guess you get a pass.
On that one at least.

it’s mocking their actual behavior and some find mocking humorous but otherwise it qualifies as apropos.

1 Like

That’s why I only carry white lighters.

2 Likes

Wait a minute, Portland doesn’t have a stadium?

2 Likes

Pretty sure they’ve got something going on like this, but it was called “the night of broken glass” or something like that… Can’t remember exactly. Something like the above, but one word,

5 Likes

In the pictures I saw the camo was brown. They should read a little more history to see what’s in store for them.

ETA: less opacity

3 Likes

It isn’t funny. That’s the point.

3 Likes