Soap promises to make you smell like "Naval Supremacy"

The label should just list the scent chemicals in big fat letters like the generic products in Repo Man

Dimethyl sulfide should work pretty well if we’re going for a maritime theme

7 Likes

I do bathe in warm turpentine

When my grandmother was growing up on the farm a hundred years ago, her father would douse all cuts and scrapes with turpentine. She had fond memories of her and her siblings bleeding quietly in hiding to avoid that fate.

13 Likes

They misspelled “navel.”

5 Likes

Navel Supremacy is something different:

2 Likes

So it smells like a room with a bunch of computers launching a bunch of missiles.

3 Likes

I want my soap to be fired onto my torso out of a functional civil war cannon staffed by manly men with full beards and the far-away, dead-eyed stares of people who’ve seen too much and learned how to repress their emotions through rage and booze! It should smell like motor oil and bootstraps and it should have the texture of sandpaper and my father’s disapproving glare. It should make me ashamed to have skin. The packaging should feature a less self-aware Ron Swanson stoically choking out a more youthful version of himself who still had dreams and knew what it felt like to love. That’s a man’s soap!

33 Likes

Perhaps they meant Navel Supremacy?

Bah, jixed.

3 Likes

that those thusly-soaped

Read that as “thrustly-soaped”.

Which is apt.

4 Likes

Naval Strength Body Wash from Pusser’s.

For King and Hygiene.

5 Likes

Punks nowadays ain’t got what it takes. When I was a kid it was Fels Naptha and a hog bristle brush that made a man out’a ya.

6 Likes

That’s what she said.

1 Like

i re-read my reply. DOH! do not want my soap to smell like jesus. or anyone in particular.
but i had a rum, sodomy and lash scented candle once that i bought in the mall and it wasn’t terrible.

4 Likes

6 Likes

Oh glob. I just read “Navel supremacy” in the headline, had a question mark over and images in my head, and I really think I should drink a peated Connamara now and go to bead. Bed. Bed. I should go to bed. Damn.

(Sorry, German humour.)

1 Like

uuuum trouble in mill

10 Likes

Ever since my SO and I saw this stuff at Target, we’ve referred to it as the Douche Chill Supply Co. I mean, whatever sells soap to guys who don’t know better, I guess.

2 Likes

I’m waiting for one called “makes me an asshole.”

http://southaustinpeople.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=33

4 Likes

I’m assuming that it smells so manly that if I drop it in a public shower absolutely wonderful things are bound to happen?

3 Likes