Some favorite TV theme songs

11 Likes

Oddly enough that reminds me of the opening of ā€œOnly When I Laughā€ which I quietly sang as I was being wheeled through a hospital at 11:30 at night.

3 Likes

thank you so much ā€“ came here to post ZOOM, too : )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3AzdiWHEuc

8 Likes

Peter Gunn. I never saw the show, but high school band. We played that song so many times at football games.

1 Like

TV Theme Deep Cut:

ā€œMakinā€™ Itā€ was a cheezy network show attempting to capitalize on the popularity of ā€œSaturday Night Fever.ā€ It was not long for this world.

The Great Space Coaster

5 Likes

Partly because of my great love of Al Green: https://youtu.be/nIdAI5LPPVo

For years I thought I remembered a Kraftwerk song as the closing theme from 3-2-1-Contact. Only now with the power of the internet can I find out it was actually another PBS childrenā€™s show, ā€œNewtonā€™s Appleā€ which used ā€œRuckzuckā€ from the very first Kraftwerk LP:

(Apparently they used the original at first, then when Kraftwerk got wind of it they had to re-recorded their own version for later episodes.)

4 Likes

Uhā€¦ where is MASH, everyone (though Iā€™ll take the version from the movie in the funeral scene)?

And how about the Jeffersonā€™s theme:

13 Likes

OK, Iā€™ll date myself with Lance Link, Secret Chimp

And follow up with Gigantor. I did not remember the calypso theme to it. Weird. Was covered by the 80ā€™s punk band The DIckies.

9 Likes

Can you ever have too many cooks?

10 Likes

We watch way too much television.

5 Likes
6 Likes

Iā€™m quite sure my love for this show ā€“ and this theme ā€“ was the very foundation of my taste for Parliament of Funk, etc.

Iā€™ll second that!

Share my ear worms!
One of my all-time faves is the Room 222 theme by noted film composer Jerry Goldsmith.

Also, there were a few months where I could not shake the Rockford Files theme (by Mike Post) loose from my noggin:

8 Likes

Wow, no oneā€™s posted this yetā€¦

I actually never cared for the show, but Jan Hammer is a genius.

And we canā€™t forget Cheesy Lamasā€¦

And wherever there is dangerā€¦

This isnā€™t exactly a theme song, but I always loved this introā€¦

Hold onā€¦it wonā€™t be longā€¦

@anon24181555

To to specify, Iā€™m liking Peter Gunn, not Underdog :slight_smile:
Right on on the Doctor Who theme. I often put on the Doctorā€™s theme montages while Iā€™m workingā€¦

Man I love the Knight Rider theme! That was my ringtone for years.

Hereā€™s my current ringtoneā€¦

5 Likes

Absolutely smokinā€™.

1 Like

Morton Stevensā€™ original

13 Likes
12 Likes