Some people have decided they are always going to wear face masks from now on

I live in a dry air / high and sharp sunshine part of the world.
I’m easily picturing myself; and many others masking up for a while.
We got used to breathing filtered air. :expressionless:

3 Likes

I’ll definitely keep masks close at hand from now on and in crowded, high traffic places like airports I’ll almost certainly default to using one. One thing I will never go back to is touching the credit card keypad with my fingers. Blecch! When I really had to think about every contact it was really the only daily routine that put me in direct contact with another person’s yuck.

Same here. It was miraculous, but then we finally decided to put the Littlest Pea into pre-k and BAM! within a week we all had the sniffles. Fortunately, it was very mild, but it was still better not being sick at all.

Or other aromas. I had an edible the other day and kept smelling weed everywhere!

3 Likes

I might wear one as a symbolic gesture about what happens when you let Republicans in power.

2 Likes

I’m a Coca-Cola drinker, and now it stings my eyes twice as much when I burp.

12 Likes

I have a co-worker who NEVER stayed the hell home when they were sick. I went from never getting colds to getting two severe ones every damn year when I was shuffled into the same suite as them, all while at the same workplace. Since masking up, I haven’t been sick once. I’m going to keep mine handy when the workplace mask mandate is lifted, for when Typhoid [name redacted] has the sniffles. Edited to remove gendered pronoun.

11 Likes

TMI, dude :rofl:

8 Likes

I am depressed about how right you are, no offense.

Yo ho, blow the man down!

3 Likes

I carry a stylus and a pen at all times now so I don’t have to touch that stuff.

2 Likes

If it’s getting in your eyes it isn’t sealed properly.

1 Like

I know I fully intend to keep the masks for when I am sick with something light.

4 Likes

Not sure about open spaces, even the street, but on entering an enclosed space with total strangers, public transport and the like, fuck yeah I’ll be masking up forever.

5 Likes

I live in Tijuana. It’s usually hot and muggy if there are no breezes coming off the ocean, so it’s the best I get. I’ve even tried medical tape, but sweat beats the adhesive after an hour or so.

Also, thanks for sabotaging a decent joke.

10 Likes

I’ll say this: like others here, this might be the first time in my life I did not catch a cold during the winter.

4 Likes

joking

17 Likes

And yet … the main purpose of wearing a mask is to protect others from YOUR exhalations, not to protect you from theirs.

(But, yeah, it works both ways, even if not quite as much.)

6 Likes

Living in California, N95 masks are just going to part of summer outdoor wear, because the wild fires are only going to get worse. But health issues aside, I rather like the idea of forever now wearing masks in public, just so I don’t have to ever show my face.

7 Likes

The funny, ironic, and sad thing is… it’s going to be years until it is safe to go out without a mask, primarily because of the people who refuse to wear masks.

I still think there should be a nose law. If you can see the nose, you should be allowed to punch it.

10 Likes

count me among the mask-wearers for places like airports and other tightly packed, enclosed places. as for the keypads, i’ve become a fan of hand sanitizer now, too. [EDIT]: i’ll also add that i might start wearing it during allergy season (early summer, for me) and while mowing the lawn, too.

4 Likes

But I like being the insufferably pretentious know-it-all who gets to explain to people who didn’t take 2 years of high school Latin what words meant in a dead language!

2 Likes