Some people have decided they are always going to wear face masks from now on

Yup. I work for an Asian company in the UK, and got used to a few of the expats wearing masks way before this. They’d wear them if they were feeling rough, or if they were coming back after flu or something.

Keeping my masks for the same reason, no matter what.

4 Likes

eMando™ (“This is the way”) bluetoothed up the wazoo. (version-2: with espresso input port)

In spite of foggy glasses, I kind of got used to having a warm face over the winter, too.

11 Likes

Also, the mask I’m going to start wearing in public is one of these:

6 Likes

Then why can’t I stop!?!

Eh. Debatable. :wink:

3 Likes

Romanes eunt domus.

3 Likes

8 Likes

Dean Winchester Reaction GIF

8 Likes

Oh, I’m wearing a mask from now on for sure. My wife has a compromised immune system, and it’s “normal” for me to get a cold or bronchitis, which ends up with her getting pneumonia and visiting the hospital. The winters of 2020 and 2021 have been cold / flu / bronchitis / pneumonia free.

My allergies and hay fever haven’t been a nuisance, either. Some sniffles, the occasional sneeze. That’s it.

Besides masks prevent airborne tracking microchips and chem-trail toxins… according to what I’ll be telling my conservative co-workers, if they give me grief about wearing a mask.

10 Likes

Deck. I said deck.

1 Like

Two other benefits of face masks:
For the autism community, we’re not thinking about whether our facial expressions are “normal” or not.

For women, MEN DON’T TELL US TO SMILE.

18 Likes

They’re even better seen on someone’s face - the effect is both hypnotizing and confusing/disturbing.

9 Likes

A part of that decision may be informed by the ignominy of (while unmasked) being mistaken for a Karen or a Ken or just a plain fool.

1 Like

I was doing sound for a punk festival one year. Three song sets, five minute turnover. As each band finished I hopped up on stage, put the three mics in my back pocket, and threw their stands and cables aside until the next band was in place.

After one band I came up short three mics, which was briefly quite concerning. But only briefly, as they had set the house mics aside and used their own mics. They had started doing that a couple years prior, as they had all gotten sick of getting sick when touring.

9 Likes

The perfect setup!

Also, I’m definitely not getting coffee at this place! (our secret ingredient is love…)

1 Like

Yup. I’m in. This is the first year in my life that I haven’t had a cold or the flu or God knows what else all winter. I’m not immunocompromised or anything, and I’m pretty healthy, but I catch colds like nobody’s business. Not this year, though.

I’m glad to put up with the slight inconvenience of wearing a mask to get rid of the significant inconvenience of sneezing, coughing, fatigue, endless Kleenex, and all the other lovely things I haven’t had to deal with all year now.

7 Likes

That’s what one gets for asking for a “straw” in one’s coffee.

2 Likes

Here in Japan, people pretty much do wear masks all the time during hay fever season. It’s never been a big deal.

2 Likes

This Advisory Circle album cover fucks with my head, too.

1 Like

If it continues to stop people telling me to “Cheer up” or smile more, I could see me keeping mine on post-pandemic!

8 Likes