Someone built a working replica of Kaneda's motorcycle from Akira

Originally published at: Someone built a working replica of Kaneda's motorcycle from Akira | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Ayato, the Maker blesses you.

7 Likes

Freaking sweet!

3 Likes

Interesting how someone with this much skill can be labeled a “YouTuber”, the same job description as someone who sits on their bed and talks to their phone about shoes for a living.

2 Likes

Has he worked out the drifting brake maneuver yet?

4 Likes

*Insert << Shut up and take my money! >> gif here.

1 Like

I was most curious about the skeleton of the thing. A fiberglass frame and LEDs are nice aesthetic touches, but how do you make the frame that allows this particular style? This video appears - from a scrub-thu - to be the one for those questions:

2 Likes

The burning question: can it slide to a stop sideways?

KANEDAAA!!

Can’t read without remembering this moment…

3 Likes

Street legal? Street drivable? Just a prop?

TETSUOOO!!!

(Yes, it’s a complete sentence bbs and the appropriate response)

4 Likes

I mostly view the YouTuber label as a sort of value-add thing. Where the top quality YouTubers are often skillful individuals in their own right but have turned that skill into fame simply by recording themselves doing their thing.

1 Like

from the video, it’s not clear that it can move at all—other than the suspension lifting up and down

1 Like

Yeah, my initial question was, “does it move,” but seeing another video, it looked like it has functional parts in it, so I assumed it could. Though looking for videos of it in action, it’s apparently not at that point yet, as there don’t appear to be any. (It would be kind of funny if, in the end, the only kind of movement it was capable of was sliding sideways.)

2 Likes

YTMND ruined that moment for me lol. I can’t not hear it as CANAAADAAAA now.

sexy cry GIF by Remus & Kiki Animation

Are those speckles in the picture because he’s blown out some of the pixels in his camera’s sensor by filming too much stick welding?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.