Someone buys BrettKavanaugh.com and creates a site for sexual assault survivors

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/10/10/someone-buys-brettkavanaugh-co.html

9 Likes

31 Likes

Hm. I can’t seem to be able to find a Brett Kavanaugh halloween costume for sale anywhere.

4 Likes

I do hope Judge Rapey McRapeface has been informed.

9 Likes

I saw this on Huffpost…I think this is absolutely brilliant.

4 Likes

Black robes and a beer hat (or a beer bong) . Easy to do

22 Likes

Brett is really getting a good Kavanaughing.

7 Likes

Stick that in your Santorum, Brett.

6 Likes

Supreme Court Rules Against Watchdog Group in Domain Dispute

6 Likes

Two Kavanaugh thoughts: 1: he is a lot of conservative men. Teen demons, quietly buried, and fury for any who name the dead. 2: the confirmation process completely reconciled conservatism with Trumpism, just in time.

14 Likes

I think that this will be less memorable when many of the 2018 mid-terms for whatever reason end up going to the SCOTUS and we see Kavanaugh’s term really begin to begin.

Capture

10 Likes

Yup, this is halfway there. Now, should the robe say Delta Kappa Epsilon on the back, or just have the Greek letters?

5 Likes

I was thinking more of a strap-on.

2 Likes

Almost as good:
brettkavanaugh.beer

1 Like

So… My first reaction to this is wondering if he’s got legal standing to seize the domain?

I don’t think so, right? There’s no business interests for his name, the site is not for-profit, not intentionally misrepresenting themselves as him.

I don’t recall any legal precedent where registering a public figure’s name for parody or commentary was found not to be fair use, and required surrendering the domain.

Any old privileged preppy frat boy drunk outfit will do. They usually come with “friend” costumes with names like Squeak, Fat Donny, Harpo, etc.

1 Like

If you do the above, don’t forget to have your dong out and waving in the faces (and other bits) of people who aren’t interested. You know, for authenticity.

(no actually do not do that. Very Bad Idea.)

1 Like

(no actually do not do that. Very Bad Idea.)

That’s why I earlier suggested a strap-on. :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.