Someone claiming to be an alien hijacked this 1997 live BBC broadcast

Originally published at: Someone claiming to be an alien hijacked this 1997 live BBC broadcast | Boing Boing

…

5 Likes

announced an important message to all Earthlings

And did we listen, Nope.

2 Likes

Southern Television region of ITV, not The BBC. And 1977 of course, although I know it’s not fun to let the facts get in the way of a good story. The Wikipedia entry has spoilers.

6 Likes

They really had my hopes up! Is this a message decrying fake news and the perils of religious delusion? Will this important visitor explain to us the virtues of scientific pursuit, and maybe even tell us how to achieve sustainable energy? Will they tell us about coming asteroid strikes and the need to develop a multilateral emergency response in order to keep the planet safe?

Nope. Nuclear power = evil. F*cking hippie aliens.

This is the voice of Gramaha, the Representative of the Asta (Ashtar in some texts) Galactic Command speaking to you.

Skepticism level: 14 / 10

This is in order that you may share in the great awakening, as the planet passes into the New Age of Aquarius.

Skepticism level: Over 9,000 / 10

1 Like
4 Likes

Misheard lyrics: in my minds it’s always
:notes:
when the Moon is in the second house
and Jupiter collides with Mars
:notes:

4 Likes

Sounds like Noel Fielding to me, me thinks he just hopped in his time machine, zipped back to the 70’s and did a little prank, seems pretty straight forward to me.

β€œA message of hope for those who choose to hear it.
And a warning for those who do not.”

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.