Someone invented convertible hospital beds that turn into coffins

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/15/someone-invented-convertible-h.html

4 Likes

Being nice and square they should pack nicely in the mass graves. I wonder how many you can stack?

6 Likes

Most depressing Transformers ever.

36 Likes

Tries to do two things … does poorly at both. Sends a bad message to patients too. “Uh, yeah, we’re just going to save some time and pre-position you in this coffin.”

I might just prefer to lay on the ground with a blanket.

17 Likes

My wife and I both want to be cremated. I guess the cardboard can act as tinder?

5 Likes

1 Like

The mattress by mail industry is finally consolidating.

This represents a merger between BedInABox and Casper.

10 Likes

Needed a step or two closer to the barber chair from Sweeney Todd.

(nothing beats a plague for fusing the morbid and the macabre …"ring around the rosie")

5 Likes

What stage of Dystopian Hell is this?

That’s exactly my question, after seeing this picture in today’s Guardian. Are they just letting them die in the street now?

“Quito, Ecuador – A health official covers the body of a woman suspected of dying after contracting Covid-19. Photograph: Anadolu Agency/Getty”

7 Likes

Brazil is sadly going to need many thousands of those really soon.

Their trumpian-leader literally paraded around for months until now with the people coming out in droves around him to worship the machismo.

They most certainly don’t have the resources of USA or Russia and are about to take the crown for cases and deaths this summer

5 Likes

this is just missing a solent green logo on the side.

2 Likes

that’s been going on for at least a month now in a couple of countries. they don’t have morgue space nor enough emergency service personnel to do anything with people’s bodies. so they sit on the street ( because decomposition in surviver’s houses is too overwhelming )

i wish trump supporters understood that this is why we don’t want to overwhelm our hospital systems

13 Likes

Geesh. Maybe this Colombian company could donate some of their boxes to Ecuador’s health agency, just to help get the bodies off the streets faster. That’s nasty.

Cold and efficient. I do not feel comfortable putting a human being in their coffin before they are dead. I am overwhelmed with hate and disgust.

2 Likes

My bf suggested bed end chutes that lead directly into the crematorium might be better as a permanent solution…

1 Like

I thought that origin-theories explaining a connection between that little ditty and plagues were conclusively hosed some time back: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ring-around-rosie/

They are thinking outside the box.

In Guayas, Ecuador they had a 459% increase in excess deaths I can imagine that would stretch any society.

6 Likes

I expected this to be another Dahir Insaat “invention”.

2 Likes

Lot’s of very emotional responses in this thread, few suggestions for alternative ways the Colombians can better handle their crisis.
BoingBoing is changing…

1 Like

So are you volunteering to travel there and help them out?

It’s very easy to judge from a distance.

1 Like