Someone is serializing Dracula in real time over email

Originally published at: Someone is serializing Dracula in real time over email | Boing Boing

6 Likes

This happens every year on the Infocult blog, too:

4 Likes

???

Dracula is not exactly a massive tome. How much more digestible does it need to be, especially given that the whole premise of this project is that it comes in nice, small chunks already?

Still sounds like a cool thing.

3 Likes

The book is written as an epistolary, a series of letters. So it makes sense to adapt it to Email. Kinda clever.

4 Likes

What do they do about the phonograph sections?

1 Like

You’ve got mail, bleh-bleh!

3 Likes

Just because of your post I went down a rabbit hole of why Dracula says “bleh! bleh!” or “blah blah!” and it turns out, no one knows for sure, but it looks like a player on the Steve Allen show is to blame.

I think I remember it from the Muppet Show but they didn’t have the Count on very much, and I don’t think he did that on Sesame Street

3 Likes

It’s been done, geez, try something original

Oh, SERIALizing. Never mind.

9 Likes

I thought it was Lenny Bruce.

2 Likes

I had no idea this was a thing until the Hotel Transylvania movies came out.

I was extremely confused as to why Dracula was constantly saying “bleh bleh!”. Or denying that he said it.

And now I still don’t know, except that it seems to be a thing in the US. :slight_smile: :vampire:

1 Like

He is mentioned a lot in the articles I saw, but the Steve Allen guy was several years earlier, at least that’s what the Bleh Bleh archeologists conclude based on tree rings and core samples.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.