Someone pulled their dick out: 2022 Grammy winner Louis C.K. and the #MeToo movement

I had no idea there were so many filmed/videoed instances of dolphins and humans um, interacting like that. barf!

4 Likes

12 Likes

You really don’t want to know.

9 Likes

Oh that it were all that innocent!

I do fear, my captain, that we’ve lost our way. sniff

7 Likes

For some reason, men can’t seem to understand that dicks are like Beanie Babies. High in production, and intrinsically low in value. Some are cuter than others, so there may be greater demand, but eventually the buyer figures out even the cutest ones really should be low in value because of lack of usefulness.

13 Likes

I officially fluv you for that.

Also it made me think of this metaphor:

17 Likes

Yoinked!

7 Likes

I’m amazed Ken didn’t just shut that this trollbait thread down awhile ago.

5 Likes

Seriously, what did I just say?

17 Likes

I don’t know, and frankly, I don’t give a good got damn.

He’s a rich White dude; even if he never works again, he’ll still likely live a more prosperous life than I (or millions of people like me) could ever hope to.

Sorry, Louis CK fanboys/apologists, I took him at his fuckin’ word:

19 Likes

Sure, but Maureen sure seemed to like my series of comments. :wink: Seriously, though, I understand folks’ (me included) reactivity on this topic. Can we fork threads generally, or do moderators have to do that?

2 Likes

I’m friends with a working comedian and so get to see their private FB posts to other comedians about such topics as LCK. The over all consensus from what i have observed is that the vast majority (male and female) are sick of certain comedians that are predators getting an unlimited number of second chances because they generate a lot of ticket sales. While talented new people that are not predators get skipped over repeatedly.

Actually an even bigger problem seems to be for every big name comedian that is a predator there are many many more predators in every city that own the comedy clubs, or do the booking or are agents that prey on people in the scene. They stick out for other predators and black list people that speak out. But since these people don’t have the broad name recognition they don’t suffer the same internet outrage that they deserve. The comedians all walk a fine line between rage at the toxicity of the local scenes and wanting to work and feed their families. They try and warn others about who to avoid and to support each other in times of need but it all just really seem dysfunctional and even people with good intentions have a hard time rallying together.

I’m just a fly on the wall in these threads and am not really knowledgeable on the scene to evaluate specifics but what i describe above is sort of the abstract of every thread.

21 Likes

Thanks! I appreciate the interest and info. Love writing for B.B.

18 Likes

Please write more! This piece is so clarifying, and I suspect it will move out and live beyond BB.

14 Likes

Seriously though write some more you do good work.

13 Likes

How is it disingenuous to agree with the article? And then add some context.

Do you think perpetrators should redeem themselves?
No?
Who else is there then?

These are early days. I have no idea where things should go from here. Again I only agree with the article.
But I do know that in situations even as bad a genocide forgiveness is a powerful things for both sides.

2 Likes
9 Likes

Are you under the impression that confessing to wrongdoing grants some kind of protection from consequences?

The point of the movement isn’t get people to confess. The point is to hold abusers accountable, listen to the abused and hopefully prevent it in the first place.

14 Likes

But what about the MENZ?!? /s

11 Likes

From the article…

Dworman said that “there can’t be a permanent life sentence on someone who does something wrong.”

So how do lifers end up in jail?

14 Likes