Someone wiped a key server in Georgia right after voters filed a lawsuit over insecure voting-machines

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/10/26/accuvote-brian-kemp.html

4 Likes

tumblr_oxzwj8hnml1vaqoiqo1_400

24 Likes

The FBI may have a backup of the server, but has not confirmed it.

So it’s been wiped too, I would guess, based on orders from up top.

10 Likes

Related? AJC: Georgia voting machine suspected of ‘flipping’ presidential votes

10 Likes

That’s gotta constitute a massive case of evidence tampering, yes? Like, record breaking!

18 Likes

OK, so can we please take those technicians into custody until they reveal the names of the people who gave them those orders? I heard that tampering with evidence is kind of frowned upon.

26 Likes

Seeing ‘key server’ in the title made me think a bunch of PGP pubkeys got deleted.

7 Likes

Weeeeeeeiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrddddd!!

1 Like
3 Likes

Related: The president definitely believes he has the right to trash records. You better believe he’s not asking permission first. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/donald-trump-can-destroy-records-judicial-review-justice-department-tells-court-1046929

3 Likes

Nope, nothin’ wrong, nothin’ to see here. Working as intended.

3 Likes

It’s amazing how many people simply refuse to believe the votes are rigged… until their candidate loses, it’s completely inconceivable.

7 Likes

Nothing to worry about. Our allies in Russia have the data.

4 Likes

It sure is good that the Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity will take an interest in such cases as this…

5 Likes

Or maybe the NSA.

3 Likes

It was not necessary to identify the Georgia politician as republican…of course he is.

3 Likes

Wiped? Like, With a Cloth or Something?

2 Likes

Don’t be ridiculous. I’m sure it’s a complete coincidence that the guy in charge belongs to the only party that regularly and proudly expresses their support for voter suppression and their contempt for the democratic process in general.

10 Likes

Calm down, I have complete confidence that, Georgia, Secretary of State Brian Kemp, is on the job and will quickly get to the bottom of this.

That ^ is sarcasm if you missed it.

Calm down, I have complete confidence that, Georgia, Secretary of State Brian Kemp, will keep his job and will quickly get the large bank transfer for doing his job by looking the other way and convicting no one.

3 Likes

So the people behind wiping the data are the group facing 70 years in prison for felony conspiracy, right?

3 Likes