Sometimes I just need to watch Fred Berry dance

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/11/29/sometimes-i-just-need-to-watch.html

3 Likes

He has the moves, hmmm.

3 Likes

I like Rerun a lot, and I probably always well, but after the way he betrayed the Doobie Brothers, I feel like I’ve seen a darker side of him.

5 Likes

I always liked to think that the bouncing sound in the intro theme was meant to represent Rerun’s gait.

Of course, Dee and Shirley truly made the show.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Years ago there was a short-lived comedy show that poked fun of 70s sitcoms. In one bit the characters parodying What’s Happening were in front of a judge. The Rerun clone started dancing and then the judge (played by an older Fred Barry) joined him in bustin’ some moves.

1 Like

The Rerun Show (2002). (Thank you IMDb.com)

went to a wedding once where he was a guest of the groom. i can confirm that he can bust a move.

4 Likes

Before he was on “What’s Happening” he made an appearance in the dance line on “Soul Train”. Check out the 1:08 mark of this clip;

5 Likes

Before the sitcom, Rerun honed his dancing skills with one of the greatest dance troupes of all time, The Lockers.

Please to enjoy:

Fred Berry is the dude in the pink pants, sitting next to Toni Basil.

1 Like

Well, that hits be hard in the nostalgia. This was one of the shows I watched back in the 70s.

This.

Dee was the best.

1 Like

Hey hey hey

1 Like

Great dancing but the costumes are throwing me off. Are those black minstrel outfits?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.