Son of "All My Children" star charged in Capitol Riot

I’m hoping these are lighter charges because they’re making deals to dish on bigger targets closer to Trump and other Republican leaders who ordered the riot. It doesn’t matter to me if Q shaman serves ten days or ten years, if Trump and his flying monkeys who convinced the idiot to galumph about the Senate don’t even have to show up to court.

1 Like

Honestly, that’s a horrible assumption to make. I’m not a huge fan of the various academies, but good grief. You might reconsider this one.

4 Likes

The story goes that The Former Guy was sent away to military school by his father for a particularly unforgiveable act (by the standards of a family that gave young Donald a pass for throwing rocks at a baby).

5 Likes

I’d say you’re flat out wrong.

2 Likes

Call me when the orangutan lawyer shows up.

2 Likes

Voila!

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-capitol-arrests-idUSKBN2BB1RL

ETA: This is just the beginning. They are also circling on the Oath Keepers and Three Percenters. These idiots left a big, fat stinking trail that even Inspector Clouseau could stumble his way through.

EETA: Ok, can’t help myself:

16 Likes

I hope so, but I don’t think it is the truth. When we look at other mass arrests, say the J20 defendants, they charge heavy upfront to get people to flip and plead out to lesser charges. I’m worried that this will just be another in the long line of instances of the FBI handling right wing violence with kid gloves.

3 Likes

Yeah, there are definitely family connections and traditions that go to the private military colleges. There is a big difference between a military boarding school and a military college.

3 Likes

This is very encouraging!

4 Likes

Military academies/colleges: Aren’t those the places wealthy parents send their kids when the kids are already problematic and screwed up in some way?

2 Likes

peter sellers film GIF

6 Likes

All I know is that David Chow was bad news from the start and no good for Nikki. I guess the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

2 Likes

Seriously. College Republicans are bad enough.
But “Essex County Teenage Republicans”?? That’s a military-grade douche there.

2 Likes

Note that some families consider traces of “teh gay” as reasons to pack them off. (Get an education and Conversion Therapy twofer deal.)

It isn’t always the kids that are problematic and screwed up in some way.

9 Likes

Hani Bishai, 53, the father of Elliott Bishai, was in the courtroom Monday. Afterward, he told a reporter, that his son and Irizarry meant no harm to anyone on Jan. 6.
“They were waved in by the Capitol police. My son fist-bumped the police and thanked them for their service. The last thing on their minds was that they was illegal,” Hani Bishai said.

Of course not. All the capitol tours require you to enter through a window while carrying a makeshift weapon.

15 Likes

Is projection a form of imagination, because if it is, they really don’t suffer from a lack of imagination.

You know, the kind of BS that they say like "if we let trans people use the bathroom of their declared gender, then we’ll have men saying they’re women just to spy on women and sexually assault little girls! (not said out loud: because that’s what I’d do if I could get away with it).

5 Likes

It sort of is imagination, in that you are making up things that aren’t real. But definitely in its most limited form. I mean, in a very real sense it takes more imagination to see the actual reality, that other people sometimes have motivations and interests and struggles different from your own.

4 Likes

Vincent is himself a right-wing nut. I remember being broken hearted when I learned that about him, because I crushed on him so hard back in the day. FTR, I am unaffiliated with any political party because the whole system is corrupt. But the far right is particularly awful, as evidenced by the events of January 6 that his kid participated in. Kid got it from home, and that’s more than a little sad.

2 Likes

Vincent is himself a right-wing nut. I have no doubt this kid got it from dad.

1 Like

giphy

Ok, another two…

9 Likes