Son of "All My Children" star charged in Capitol Riot

And this morning brings the most direct and comprehensive view of the DOJ mindset to date. It’s… not looking good for the Whiskey Dick Rebellion:

FTA:

“Scott Pelley: I’m not a lawyer, but the way I read the sedition statute, it says that, “Sedition occurs when anyone opposes by force the authority of the United States, or by force hinders or delays the execution of any law of the United States.” Seems like a very low bar, and I wonder why you’re not charging that now?”

“Michael Sherwin: Okay, so I don’t think it’s a low bar, Scott, but I will tell you this. I personally believe the evidence is trending towards that, and probably meets those elements.”

“Scott Pelley: Do you anticipate sedition charges against some of these suspects?”

“Michael Sherwin: I believe the facts do support those charges. And I think that, as we go forward, more facts will support that, Scott.”

Yeah, not good at all. (bolding mine)

4 Likes

What do you mean when you say “far right”?

The insurrection was promoted and supported, and of course staffed, by many different groups, but mainstream Republicans were certainly right in the middle of it all.

8 Likes

Well, from the global perspective…

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.