SOTU - Biden 2024

Watching Biden’s SOTU right now. Anyone watching with me?

8 Likes

I just heard someone point out that there’s been a different person sitting next to Harris for each of the SOTU addresses she’s attended. Mike Johnson looks like he’d rather be almost anywhere else. He doesn’t seem to know what to do with himself.

6 Likes

Here’s the PBS livefeed:

He’s just looking like the smug, fascist asshole that he is.

15 Likes

It seems like he keeps making what I assume are involuntary nods when Biden describes some of the atrocities of the Trump administration.

9 Likes

He started to clap when Biden said “you can’t only love your country when your side wins” and then seemed to remember he’s supposed to support the insurrectionists.

17 Likes

Oh, and all the women in white. Is that a throwback to Hillary, or something else?
Looks great, just wondering.

8 Likes

Ugh… I can hear MTG screeching… :rage:

Also, HE SOUNDS FINE…

10 Likes

But Biden’s nailing it right now. I love how he pointed out that mostly red states are getting the funds from his bills, and he’s glad the kids there are getting clean water and that people there are getting good jobs.

19 Likes
16 Likes

White House Correspondents Dinner Whca GIF by C-SPAN

21 Likes

Hell yeah for unions, Joe!

14 Likes

Writers Guild Protest GIF by Storyful

12 Likes

I was really hoping Joe was going to start singing Chumbawumba right then. Still good, though.

10 Likes

Okay… probably going to drop out here, but y’all keep up the commentary so I can check it tomorrow.

10 Likes

You’ll be missed :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Ha, Bernie Sanders is still wearing a face mask even though no one else is because he doesn’t give a fuck what anyone thinks.

19 Likes

Obamacare is indeed still a big deal.
And it saved a friend’s life when she needed emergency surgery.
Git 'em Joe!

18 Likes

In all his talk about health care, I wish he’d mention how the repubs never offered any alternative, in all the years they had.

17 Likes

Do y’all think Mike Johnson’s anti-nausea meds are going to last for the whole speech? He’s lookin’ dubious.

15 Likes

Also, I know it’s uncouth to mention people’s appearance, but I just gotta say, Jill Biden looks effing great tonight. I hope she feels as good as she looks.

13 Likes