Sousaphone turns KKK rally into party

From what I read, that rally was quite a mix - White Hate group, Black Hate Group, Confederate Flag Supporters, Media, On-lookers, Protesters of all of above.

and now add a dash of Sousaphone to that soup.

Forrest Gump would nod in agreement

1 Like

Aww… Look at those southern racists hanging their heads. You lost this battle, but you haven’t lost the - oh yeah, that’s right.

1 Like

NOPE!

5 Likes

They didn’t work. The Quit India movement of 1942/1943 saw 200 police stations torched, 750 government offices and railway stations destroyed, 50 battalions of soldiers committed to restore order, 2500 people killed and parts of northern India pass completely out of British control for weeks. In 1944 the Indian National Army invaded India from the east in alliance with the Japanese. Gandhi himself preferred violence to cowardice (though courageous non-violent resistance was more preferable still). The myth that the civilised British were stymied by steadfastly nonviolent civil disobedience is just that – a myth.

3 Likes

Where are all the white robes? What’s a Klan rally without robes?

1 Like

Which was used as the theme music for the Nazis in the Blues Brothers… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGu2camh0WA

Why are [Insert Demographic Here] Supremacists always such shitty examples of their supposedly supreme demographic?

8 Likes

Because the idea of [demographic] superiority makes no sense when superiority is undefined.

Basically they’re all a bunch of morons circlejerking to their pride in traits they had no input in receiving.

Pretty much as stupid as the idea of the divine right of kings. “I killed the last guy” / “I was born first”, “therefore god must really love me”.

3 Likes

Because people who aren’t abject shit-heels have at least a modicum of self-awareness.

2 Likes

Either I’m too old, or it’s too subtle. I’d have either gone with the Mickey Mouse Club theme, or Benny Hill.

But still, awesome.

1 Like

My opinion is that it’s just a particularly silly-sounding walking bass. Since it’s on a tuba, it’s easier to embellish with gracenotes than on an upright stringed bass, because rolling your tongue is easier than doublepicking a centimeter-thick string.

When I played tuba in high school I came up with dozens of funny (as in haha) sounding walking bass lines just by noodling. They don’t necessarily come from anywhere besides being something obvious you can do with the instrument.

1 Like

This song surely

1 Like

I think the song is “Teddy Bears’ Picnic”.

I gotta think Carl Stalling used this leitmotif a zillion times, but I’m damned if I can remember which particular Looney Tunes or Merrie Melodies to find an example in.

KKKasual Fridays.

And the Laurel and Hardy theme!

Love it!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.