South Carolina: Confederate flag comes down from State House

13 Likes

It already started today…the sodomite posters are coming our in force.

It went up, for the centennial…they LEFT it up for the reason you mention. It was only supposed to fly only for the centennial year, but oops, someone forgot to put an end date in writing on the bill, which allowed it to fly and fly…and here we are.

The right time to be dignified and charitable was AS THE WAR was ending. Not 150 years later.

Seriously, any Southerner who thinks U.S. citizens have to continue to walk all over eggshells to protect their widdle feefees because they don’t want to admit they did a horrible thing and were stopped from continuing to do it anymore is worse than wrong.

10 Likes

What’s a sodomite poster?

If South Carolina feels the need to preserve the flag’s legacy in our future societal consciousness, how about an annual historical reenactment?

3 Likes

There are a lot of wackos that are taking advantage of all the camera crews around to stand around with signs that have nothing to do with the flag issue…and sodomites are on the top of the list of things that are destroying the world.

Ah, got it. In that case, I think I’ll go stand across the street from them.

3 Likes

I on the other hand, am taking a different route to work tomorrow, just like I did tonight on my way home.

1 Like

Sometimes it can be a kindness to put the irredeemably damaged out of their suffering…

I’m beginning to think Falcor actually takes a break sometimes.

3 Likes

or who?

1 Like

So. . . sodomites are the ones selling arms, cooking meth, filling the oceans with plastic, causing global warming, and wiping out entire populations of God’s creatures?

Oh those crazy sodomites! What ever shall we do?

4 Likes

Rep. Horne’s speech was beautiful to watch–those fuckers throwing up all sorts of stupid-ass amendments deserved all the shaming they received.

I’ve noticed a common refrain among the treason-flag wavers is that Democrats were originally the folks who supported the flag, being the majority of landowners in the south at the time. Which is a dumbass argument for all sorts of reasons. I know Americans give a shitload of money/time to a multitude of causes, but the pushback against removing the flag strikes me as a simple lack of empathy…or maybe just a boatload of ignorance.

2 Likes

1 Like

Agreed! Jay Smooth knows, too:

1 Like

The news reports say they had a ceremony that was respectful and dignified.

Bah! The appropriate ceremony would have involved fire, and cannons.

1 Like

Yes! And then, just to top it off . . . BEES!!

1 Like

I wonder how absorbent flag material is? I figure you could have cut that sucker into four cloth diapers to swathe the butts of four toddlers fed prunes for the occasion.

1 Like

Not.At.All. The only way that would work is if proud Confederate flag owners were the ones required to clean up the mess. Imagine fountains of runny poop following a path bounded by butt cracks and weatherproof synthetic material to burst forth all over the backs and heads (and general locations) of sweet little babies. Yeesh.