Spaaaaace

4 Likes

the video says they wanted to land on the inside incline of the crater, so that necessitated some special way to handle the landing

also that if the public data is accurate, then in a week or so the sun might be able to reach the panels. which would be super cool. ( i read that one of the rovers can communicate directly with earth so there might be some data coming that way too at some point )

maybe they should have chosen one of those self righting turtle like shapes…

2 Likes

They actually used a toy company to design and build one of the little rovers. Maybe they should have worked with a different toy company to makes a stable lander design:

3 Likes

Or the DFF’s prop makers.

(Re-post, but I had to.)

6 Likes
1 Like

/stifled giggling

5 Likes

i guess if you’re using the moon technique to find uranus, you need… a mirror? neptune, now. there’s a conundrum

( no. seriously. ahem. )

4 Likes

Makes the case that Kathy Lueders is dirty:

Waiting for part 2, but already it’s clear that Lueders likely was awarded a lucrative position at SpaceX in exchange for fast-tracking Starship for Artemis in the dead of night between NASA adminstrators.

Really fuckin’ sleazy.

3 Likes

Smells fishy.

2 Likes

Additional information, links:

Japan’s lunar lander is dying before our eyes after setting down on Moon

2 Likes

yep. we had this already at least two times in this thread; it allways seemed so fucking obvious.

2 Likes

Here’s part 2. The corruption is stunningly brazen:

2 Likes
1 Like

oh noez;

4 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

https://ceres.georgetown.edu/research/student-projects/the-pseudo-metaphysics-of-russian-cosmism-a-review-of-lenin-walked-on-the-moon/

The last was the review I read today, but The New Criterion has ideological axes to grind.

2 Likes

ETA

3 Likes

That little ball-shaped rover built by a toy company got a good photo of the lander sitting upside-down.

Pretty lucky that the lander wasn’t completely destroyed. It managed to take a photo of one of its own rocket nozzles falling off shortly before touchdown, which is never good.

5 Likes