Spaaaaace

I am glad I got to see the eclipse 7 years ago with perfectly clear skies. I won’t be too upset this time if it is not 100% clear.

4 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes
7 Likes

Latest.

Ooh that clear/overcast line just right on top of Indianapolis.

7 Likes

any idea what the rockets are for?

i heard there are some university students looking to solve where shadow bands come from…

i love the idea that it could be a pattern of light wave interference

4 Likes

Tv Show News GIF by CBBC

@FGD135 Please leave the area. I did my part and I´ll stay at home tomorrow.

funny or die fish GIF by gethardshow

2 Likes

Scroll up a bit.

3 Likes
3 Likes

My BF just played youtube vids of Fear’s cover of Astronomy Domine and Voivod’s in quick succession.

I love synchronicity/morphogenic fields
tophat-biggrin tophat-cool tophat-yes tophat-wow

1 Like

… this is not from “The Dark Side of the Moon”

1 Like

6 Likes

Yeah, listen to EN and Klaus Nomi anyway. tophat-cool tophat-biggrin

3 Likes
3 Likes

This is exactly what happened where I was. They played Total Eclipse for the duration.

6 Likes

We enjoyed the festive mood, cheering crowd, friendly town, a good lunch, and totality at the beach of lovely Port Dover, Ontario :canada: (my first time there). A cheer went up as the eclipse started and during totality everyone was on their feet with excitement. The clouds were thin enough that we got a few brief looks at the corona during totality.

Apologies for the lousy photo, but I didn’t clue in right away to the three contrails, which I realized later must have been research flights tracking the shadow.

Everyone had their eclipse glasses, I could not give away my extra pair. There were a few visitors from south of the border who were glad they made the trip. We didn’t join in the swim.

10 Likes
6 Likes

6 Likes

New channel by the guys who film rocket launches for NASA and others:

Also, astronomical events:

1 Like

NASA’s Lunar Orbiter Captures Fuzzy Glimpse of Separate Spacecraft Around the Moon

Spoiler alert: it’s Danuri. Which snapped the LRO a year or so ago.

3 Likes