Spaaaaace

2 Likes

Starliner to remain docked to the ISS into July – with no new departure date

[…]

In the highly unlikely event that NASA opts not to use the Starliner as a crew return vehicle, the agency has a few options open to it. One could be to remove two crew members from the next Crew Dragon launch – currently set for the latter half of August – or use an upcoming Soyuz, although the latter requires custom seat liners for the crew.

[…]

4 Likes

“I’m not going back to Earth on that ship unless they send me in style!”

7 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

Even if the technology is only refined enough to make a big rock hit Earth that wouldn’t otherwise hit Earth, it’s still a potential doomsday weapon that humanity currently doesn’t have. So it’s still a scenario that has to be considered in the pros and cons list for developing an asteroid deflection program.

3 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes

Well, when he’s right he’s right - and he is without any doubt the world’s leading expert on the subject of CEOs who have lost touch with reality.

8 Likes
4 Likes

Yeah, self-awareness is not strong in Elno. It is not at all.

7 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

The Comets accompanied Bill Hayley, whereas The Asteroids are a Swedish psychedelic/space-rock band?

4 Likes

Ignoring what we can detect currently, successfully deflecting something more than week out would require much less precision than successfully deflecting something 24 hours away, if the second became a reality, then I’d start to worry about the feasibility of redirecting a rock to the relatively tiny target that is earth.

2 Likes
4 Likes
8 Likes