Space Force uniform designs

I can’t even imagine that hat not looking silly in real life. I bet you could eventually replace that flat panel in front with a tiny LCD screen.

Soon they’ll all be covered except for the Interdimensional Force, and the uniforms for that are already covered.

10 Likes

For when they get to theme song.

1 Like

If they got rid of the hats and made the colored bits red instead of blue it’s Star Trek from 1982

star command

yes that is jimmy doohan

3 Likes

That made me look, Disney had “Earth Star Voyager”, in 1988. It felt like a series, but never went beyond two episodes. I remember little about it (I had to search for the title) but I thiught it had space cadets…

Why not just be open about it? It is what it is…

4 Likes

I was gonna look up where the Army’s “Navy” compares to the rest of the world’s navies. And the Navy’s “Air Force” ranked against the world. But then I decided it’s not worth the effort, and the likely result is these units are all larger than the majority of the world’s similar units.

As a Canadian infantryman, ~1981-6, I visited a National Guard base in Grayling MI. I saw a tank compound with significantly more tanks than Canada had at the time, perhaps 120 Leopard 2s. I don’t think they were M1 Abrams; maybe the previous MBT? Still… one National Guard base. At least 300 tanks!

Is the Air Force the only one that doesn’t have it’s own {other types}? And the Marines have all three forces? TIL USians like their boom boom toys.

1 Like

Well the USAF does have its own special forces, the pararescue. The US Army’s “navy” is mostly landing craft and smaller transports.

1 Like

5 Likes

Grayling MI hosts a gunnery range for the National Guard so many units travel there for training. A tank battalion in the early '80’s had about 60 tanks (typically the M60) so you were probably looking at one full armored Division training. And at the time the US Army had many Armored divisions (and still does). You are correct, USians like their boom boom toys.

1 Like

Yes, a space age uniform can’t have a “white collar” a turtleneck or Nehru type jacket definitely says “future”.

Though, I have a copy of Heinlein’s “Door into Summer” where on the cover someone is wearing a helmet with fin. I forget what his jacket was like.

… and no one here has posted an image (or link) for the Earth Alliance uniforms from Babylon 5? FOR SHAME. :grin:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.