Space laser Marjorie Taylor Greene is now a wind turbine expert too (video)

Place wind turbines over each of her ear holes and voila! Perpetual power!

Easy breezy.

3 Likes

I suspect plenty know this, even local republicans. But the real problem is that a large percentage of the district does not vote, in large part due to voter suppression. It was a major problem well into the 80s and 90s in that part of the state (and still today). What would help is getting the large portion of the district that is demoralized and doesn’t vote out to vote…

3 Likes

I find these sorts of arguments particularly infuriating, because they arrogantly assume that experts who have spent decades in their fields have somehow overlooked blindingly obvious questions that a grade schooler might ask.

“What if the wind stops? What if the sun goes down? If we evolved from apes, why are there still apes? If global warming is real, how come it’s cold today?”

Clearly these things never once occurred to scientists who dedicate their lives to studying alternative energy, climate, biology, etc. It takes the special wisdom of some random bumblefuck to really get down to the hard questions.

7 Likes

I suppose when one has nothing better to do, a bunch of someone else’s nothing could serve as entertainment.

1 Like

Bah! Real muricans are too smart for science.

3 Likes

I hope so, because the people quoted in the Grauniad article @MikeR posted above who actually do vote are living in Bizarro World when it comes to their opinion of EmptyG.

3 Likes

They have heard most of their lives how every opinion is equally valid, and theirs are special because they love jeebus. Then there is the circle jerk of “she must be right, she got elected, we can’t all be wrong, we elected her, so she’s right!”

I really do think that voter suppression is playing a big role here and has for a while. In 2020, around 300,000 in total voted when just over 700,000 people live there - presumable not all of the remaing 400,000 are just ineligible to vote, but are demoralized or afraid to do so. I know for a fact that despite being overwhelmingly white, it’s getting more diverse up there (especially in Rome and Cartersville). And I’m guessing that far right groups have gotten a boost and been seeking to intimidate their neighbors into voting their way or not voting (though I’ve not heard of violence, although I seem to remember a far right rally in downtown Rome around the election).

As the metro area spreads, more parts of that district are changing, which helps explain the reaction from assholes like MTG.

3 Likes

Everything about her is repulsive. Just… everything. She makes me ill.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.