SpaceX is hiring a spaceport bartender

The microgravity complicates things

2 Likes

Coke and Pepsi sent experimental dispensers for their cola up on the Shuttle for testing.

The dispensers worked OK, but the gastrointestinal effects in microgravity ruled out further testing. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

izac

4 Likes

Gross. So sneaky…

Yes, that’s what it looked like. Not sneaky in this case, but seems pretty lazy from an HR angle.

We either have very different experiences using hammers, or very different experiences with software engineers :joy:

2 Likes

The wealthy clients at that bar will fall into two categories:

1. Notoriously bad tippers.
  2. Notoriously great tippers.

There will not be a middle group.

2 Likes

Definitely. It’s also a big part of the reason for sexist/racist pay practices. There’s no general sense of what a software engineer in a given niche should make(because it’s all secretive), and the initial offer will typically be low. Women and minorities will not know to, or not feel comfortable enough to negotiate aggressively from there as is expected.

Asking about a salary range on an interview is typically responded to with, “we don’t discuss that at this stage” and I’ve seen interviewers deduct points for asking.

3 Likes

I mean… private corporations running space travel is like the OPPOSITE of Star Trek… I don’t even think the Ferengi privatized their space programs.

2 Likes

Recently Colorado began requiring that job postings have a salary range included in the posting. This is a great thing.

Of course companies outside of Colorado posting for remote work positions do not do this and instead exclude people in Colorado from applying for the positions. This is a shitty and completely predictable thing.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.