SpaceX reveals first moon passenger: Yusaku Maezawa, Japanese fashion billionaire

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/17/spacex-reveals-first-private-p.html

7 Likes

Just don’t try to write it off as a business expense.

5 Likes

Aw, I was kind of hoping the first Earth Tourist to go over the moon would be some kind of Space Cow.

17 Likes

Now that that’s out of the way, who will be the first person to go to the moon via GoFundMe?

8 Likes

"If Pablo Picasso had been able to see the moon up-close, what kind of paintings would he have drawn?”

It would have been his moon period.

5 Likes

I believe this mission will be a first of sorts.

There have been several “go to the moon but don’t land” piloted missions, but AFAIK this will be the first planned* “go around once” figure 8 mission. The SpaceX ship won’t orbit the moon, just do a fly-by.

*Apollo 13 did a fly by orbit-once.

3 Likes

“It’s just a phase.”

16 Likes

Maybe he can somehow offset that against his bonus miles?

3 Likes

11 Likes

16 Likes

9 Likes

What a pity he’s so attractive. I would much prefer the first space tourist to be an obese sweaty man in an aloha shirt.

4 Likes

2 Likes

May have happened on one of those classified Shuttle missions. Experiment: Does milk curdle in micro-gravity?

2 Likes

Timing? In other news, Elon Musk is still a dick.

5 Likes

Duh, you’ve got to bring your golf clubs and hand in a documentation of your tee times and scores.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I was skeptical. But this could be a brilliant plan to rid the earth of billionaires.

No. Really - there’s a Mars colony all set up and waiting for you.

7 Likes

Musk working hard to open up space for the common man billionaire playboy.

3 Likes

ftfy

extra characters