Speaker Ryan urges Americans to vote GOP because Dems will waste time fighting corruption

This was my childhood…

http://www.wejohns.com/SciFi/

…well the first three and “And now the Stars” which doesn’t appear here (edit - oh yes it does if you scroll right).

Yes, this is off-topic. But those other clowns get too much of my time as it is.

1 Like

Unless we see a revolution within the Dems, both parties will continue to embody corruption. The Dems are not as bad as the GOP, but that does not make them good.

Implement, yes. Efficiently? Hmmmm.

Humans are corrupt. No revolution has ever changed that.

And there are levels of corruption. Up to a point, you can live with corruption, even though it’s suboptimal and prone to getting worse. I admit to speaking as a foreigner, but it looks like to me that the kind of corruption the Democratic party has and is involved in, and which future Democratic administrations would embrace, stays within the tolerances for a functioning government and a functioning society. Whereas with Trump in particular, the GOP has gone way beyond that.

1 Like

Is some level of corruption inevitable? Of course; humans are imperfect.

Is the level of bipartisan corruption in the USA similar to developed world norms? Hell no. American politics have always been infamously corrupt, and that factor sharply intensified after Citizens United.

To me, that suggests that universal human imperfections are not the problem here.

1 Like

The whole system needs to be changed. As long as they need Big Money, corruption will be allowed. I don’t see evidence that the Democrats will give up that money.

It’s starting to spread…

4 Likes

A remarkably bad movie that occasionally had some kind of funny jokes (US astronaut shows them his iPhone, they reply “THAT’S a computer? No no, THIS is a computer!”-- points to giant tube-driven behemoth.)

Oh, FFS like we don’t have gridlock now? Like the GOP did not gridlock Obama for 8 fucking years? Fucking Khrist I’m so sick of this fucking madness. Fuck these mother fuckers. Indict trump already and all the other god damned criminals in his administration and all the GOP enablers. Public god damned executions for all!

Yes, yes he did.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.