Speaker Ryan urges Americans to vote GOP because Dems will waste time fighting corruption

Don’t make perfect the enemy of good. There is a huge gap between the current dumpster fire and moderate Ds on the social safety net, the environment, lgbt rights, and civil rights.

7 Likes

Oh, what a horror if the legislative branch shut down… as opposed to coming up with more Reverse Robin Hood tax bills that raise my taxes and lower those of the wealthy.

Seriously – I’m at that sweet spot of income where I’ll be paying an additional $8k in taxes per year.

3 Likes

laughing-seal-460x288

Well, and of course signing the 1996 Telecommunications Act, and in general being monopoly friendly to such an extreme that he set the stage for the current wealth consolidation into fewer and fewer hands. And all those vaguely brownish or non-christian people slaughtered far away, but of course they don’t count.

2 Likes

I mean… did he sleep through the obama years or something?

16 Likes

That’s absolutely what it is. The GOP rallying cry this cycle is “Democrats will impeach our guy!”

Any Dem running on “Impeach 45” will be falling into a trap where we help motivate the GOP turnout. We’ve been fighting hard on our campaigns to keep the message about positive things the Dems can do. That helps mobilize our vote without giving the GOP free help.

And just personally, I don’t think we can afford to impeach 45. Pence is the kind of poison pill the Borgias might have come up with at a seance with Caligula and Nero.

6 Likes

I agree that impeachment is the wrong step to take, but I also don’t think that threat of impeachment will be enough to motivate a GOP turnout in the same way that the anti-Hillary movement did. That said, I think it it will be interesting to see how the maintaining of the anti-Hillary stance of the current GOP platform will affect the midterms.

7 Likes

An incomplete collection, at that. They are leaving as fast as they can be confirmed!

3 Likes

I don’t believe those were among the Articles of Impeachment.

4 Likes

I wish. Seriously, they don’t even make any attempt to hide their corruption. Its like “neener, neener, you’ll never catch us”.

2 Likes

gallery-1467985352-angry-computer-gif

4 Likes

Trump actually predicted the future, only he got it wrong on who was going to be under investigation and facing criminal charges.

1 Like

via Imgflip Meme Generator

9 Likes

Great!
I now expect all of the Republican governors and SoS to loosen up the voting requirements and expand polling locations, hours, and early voting.

Basically yes. It’s named after this guy.

2 Likes

“I had whiskey with Boesky and cookies with Milken.”
– That Guy

3 Likes

Ah yes, I should have connected the dots. Conservatives sure love their white wealthy convicted felons.

I’m still reeling from Mick Mulvaney heading Consumer Finance Protection Bureau (which he is overtly and covertly gutting from the inside, as efficiently as Pruitt is at the EPA).

How is it that no Republican at all finds this or Mulvaney himself reprehensible? Even Republicans on the way out who are not running for reelection seem to find nothing objectionable here.

CFPB had already found billions of corruption. Wells Fargo was a dumpster fire. CFPB was set up to prevent a repeat of the 2008 meltdown.

Its just so odd how all the things the Tea Party cranks delusionally uttered from 2008 on (“They’re destroying my country”, “I want my country back”) apply now. And the phrase they are using to make America terrible is Make America Great.

5 Likes

Ridiculous! The idea that the democrats would actually spend time fighting corruption is truly risible.

The GOP don’t have to last that long. They are only holding out for the Rapture later this year…

1 Like

I remember that story:

1 Like