Spelling, Florida style

Some things would be so much simpler if we all lived in small communities. You’re looking for a new place to live in a new town and you arrive and you see “Welkum To Grugsham: Perpulashun: Thurdsay” you know the school system sucks, but you can probably get away with cheating on your taxes.

26 Likes

Flavone Flav says stay in scohol! [@ActionAbe gets it, that’s enough for me.]

4 Likes

I’ll make sure to ETA my comment here once I’ve stopped laughing.

T+2m: Nope. Still bustin’ up reading this.
T+7m: Just noticed the mispeling of Thudrsday, now it’s funny all over again, goddammit
T+15m: I give up, this is getting ATL’ed for posterity

7 Likes

Cool!

Be coal. Stay in skoal.

10 Likes

Conversely, in “Roam: Beerwear the Eyes ov Martch”…

5 Likes

blushing, but to be entirely honest and before I end up at the Cat Ranch explaining myself to Marc:

That is technically a Patton Oswalt joke “Were here! We’re queer! Potato!

4 Likes

11 Likes

“I understand the humor in it, obviously it’s ironic. But our road and sign crews do a terrific job day in and day out under some often difficult conditions. Frankly nobody notices all the words they didn’t misspell.”

• County Supervisor Leland Sununu

/this is just for sober people over 45.

6 Likes

It would definitely need to be “SKOAL!”.

the only way it could have been worse is if it was misspelled twice differently

1 Like

For a second I thought it said Sexohol

2 Likes

12 Likes

That’s easy: a quarter mile per minute. There, solwed it. Now speed up, I’m running late.

2 Likes

“Scohol” - that’s the party drug that’s a combo of scopolamine and isopropyl alcohol, isn’t it? That shit will fuck you up, though one ends up surprisingly clean and free of nausea afterwards…
Or were they just (confused) fans of Japanese metal…?

6 Likes

Anyone who has been making a protest banner, say, or a backdrop for an event and been really concentrating on getting all the letters the right size only to finish and go ‘Aaaah, FUCK! Not again!!!’ should sympathize. Signritign iz hrd.

7 Likes

I prefer the Marx Brothers’ spelling.

3 Likes

Once you get to scohol, though, you have to slow down and prak.

11 Likes

Pretty sure, based on these spellings, they were done by someone who frequents the BB Lounge too much…

2 Likes

8 Likes