Spider vs Bees

They’ll do that. But in this case it looks like the bees are literally biting the spider to death. Perhaps they’re cutting the spider to pieces.

1 Like

Elitist spider thinks bees stupid. Patriotic bees teach crooked spider lesson. Sad.

2 Likes

Watched this with my morning cup of coffee.
I am fully awake now.
https://www.google.com/search?q=simpsons+bee+man+meets+spider+man&client=safari&hl=en-us&biw=414&bih=628&prmd=visn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi1rYWqtszQAhUJx2MKHahoAl0Q_AUICCgC#imgrc=WRk9BajeoZlsWM%3A

Bees 1, spider 0

1 Like

That’s European honeybees you’re thinking of.

Spiders got taurine!

Research suggests taurine is essential to the normal development of passerine birds. Many passerines seek out taurine-rich spiders to feed their young, particularly just after hatching. Researchers compared the behaviors and development of birds fed a taurine-supplemented diet to a control diet and found the juveniles fed taurine-rich diets as neonates were much larger risk takers and more adept at spatial learning tasks.[71]

The anxiolytic effect and risk-taking resulting from containing taurine does NOT WORK OUT WELL for the spiders.

4 Likes

It took a few seconds. When I did see them I dived under water really quick. So quick that I forgot to take a deep breath. I barely cleared the pontoons before I had to surface. After that, I may have set some kind of record swimming the 30 yards back to our dock.

3 Likes

Bees can sting most other arthropods with complete impunity. But their stinger has a small barb which gets caught in the more elastic skin of birds and mammals.

Once the barb is caught, the bee will pull out its own entrails, still attached to the stinger; this kills the bee. But in spite of this, the stinger will continue to pump venom into the target.

3 Likes

They seemed to have difficulty penetrating the chitin with their stingers, from what I saw.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.