Spoofing the intro to The Prisoner on a riding lawnmower

I shared this to a “The Prisoner” Facebook group this morning and the woman’s father, who is surprisingly (or unsurprisingly) a member of the group, chimed in on the comments!

14 Likes

Spoilers!

2 Likes

I’ve seen Secret Agent Man AND the Prisoner and I am still confused. But, thanks to watching Secret Agent Man I DO get this reference:

3 Likes

Fun fact: the original concept for the rovers was basically a riding lawnmower with a fibreglass cover. But they soon realized that this was too slow to appear menacing, too noisy for filming, and the CO from the engine would probably kill the driver. So they came up with using weather balloons.

7 Likes

Wait…are you saying that the British Broadcasting Company decided something was too slow to be menacing?

resolution exterminate GIF by Doctor Who

I need to see some evidence to believe that one
(Daleks just sprang first to mind. I can’t think of any threat on the BBC that ever gets above a leisurely stroll though)

6 Likes

My pet theory of The Prisoner (everybody has one, right?) is that after maybe half a dozen attempts to get No 6 to spill the beans THEY sort of gave up and used him to test their own candidates for upper management.

5 Likes

The Prisoner wasn’t a BBC production. Baron Grade would like a word with you.

6 Likes

And there goes my nerd badge

(Note to self, name a villain “Baron Grade”. Maybe evil elementary school teacher?)

3 Likes

“I am not a number, I am a free man!”
[laughter]

[Queue drum intro]

3 Likes

Baron Grade? That’s one grade lower than Viscount Grade. Viscount takes the biscuit.

7 Likes

I do get your reference and I had the box set as well, It was one of the finest episodes of the series.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.